• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why the MTA sent $5 million to Upstate SKi Resorts

benski

Benedict Gomez take a moment to think of how bad this scandal you think is going on here is being hidden. If your accusations were true, how come its not a huge scandal. Most newspaper would no how to prove or disprove your accusations of poor accounting and since the evidence suggests MTA is loosing money when it so crucially needs more money.

goldenboy80

Why are folks trying to bring attention to ski resorts getting money and calling it a scandal. I thought this was a forum for skiers who like skiing. Y'all should be applauding $ flowing to these resorts. Calling it a scandal is fake news. Trust the guv'nor. He only wants to bring you powder.

BenedictGomez

Benedict Gomez take a moment to think of how bad this scandal you think is going on here is being hidden. If your accusations were true, how come its not a huge scandal.

It's possible it's not a scandal at all, but rather shockingly gross accounting incompetence. Experience has taught me never to first believe the "oopsy" excuse though, especially when it comes to the government, until all other options are explored and exonerated.

New York State has a whole bunch of P.B.A.s for instance, was this an isolated instance, or does this go on commonly? If so, when did it start? With Cuomo, or has New York State been moving money off the books in "pass-through style" through unrelated entities for years? In a fiscal year, what is the total sum of expenses NY is transferring in this inappropriate manner (i.e. just how big is this?). These are all questions that need to be answered.

If this really is just bad accounting, you should get your answers quickly, but if there's much more to this, then it could take a long time and you might not hear anything about this again for quite a while.

catskillman

It's possible it's not a scandal at all, but rather shockingly gross accounting incompetence. Experience has taught me never to first believe the "oopsy" excuse though, especially when it comes to the government, until all other options are explored and exonerated.

New York State has a whole bunch of P.B.A.s for instance, was this an isolated instance, or does this go on commonly? If so, when did it start? With Cuomo, or has New York State been moving money off the books in "pass-through style" through unrelated entities for years? In a fiscal year, what is the total sum of expenses NY is transferring in this inappropriate manner (i.e. just how big is this?). These are all questions that need to be answered.

If this really is just bad accounting, you should get your answers quickly, but if there's much more to this, then it could take a long time and you might not hear anything about this again for quite a while.

Totally agree. The fact that the directed the money in this manner is a red flag to say the least.