Belleayre New Gondola "Catskill Thunder" Construction Photos - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    More like your tax millionth of a cent. Call the Emperor Cuomo II, maybe he will mail you back a penny.
    Yes it is these arguments - it is only a fraction of a penny person - that results in government spending getting out of hand. Very easy to spend others peoples money.

2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Yes it is these arguments - it is only a fraction of a penny person - that results in government spending getting out of hand. Very easy to spend others peoples money.
    Here is the real problem - there are over 1150 of ORDA type authorities in NYS. They are run by non-elected officials and are responsible for 94% of NYS's borrowing. They are sometimes called a "shadow governmment". These officials never have to answer to the voters. This is a way around official borrowing by NYS. Elected officials in the legislature have to vote on any "official" borrowing by NYS but not the borrowing by the authorities. NYS (the taxpayers) is stuck with the bill if the authority cannot pay up. This is a big problem as there is a huge amount of unchecked borrowing.

Your tax dollars are being spent on way worse things than a gondola (which I think is a waste) at a NYS owned ski area.

The gondola to nowhere!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

You can even see the big walls at Whiteface in this artist's rendering of the summit terminal:

belleface.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    The gondola to nowhere!
    Well it does give them the option to cut a trail over to Highmount from the gondola summit.

This money could have been better spent on updating the current lift infrastructure.

Does anyone at ORDA actually use the facilities they control?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Well it does give them the option to cut a trail over to Highmount from the gondola summit.
    Not sure I understand how this differs from the current situation pre-gondola. Isn't the gondola terminating right near the Tomahawk quad upper terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Not sure I understand how this differs from the current situation pre-gondola. Isn't the gondola terminating right near the Tomahawk quad upper terminal?
    Just responding to the "gondola to nowhere" comment.

If they incorporate Highmount into the plan Belleayre would be a much more interesting place to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Just responding to the "gondola to nowhere" comment.

If they incorporate Highmount into the plan Belleayre would be a much more interesting place to ski.
    I agree about incorporating Highmount. That should have been where they spent this money instead of the ridiculous gondola.

I haven't been to Belleayre in years, I liked how the Beginner area was segregated to the lower Mountain. People could learn without having to dodge quicker skiers. Now they're just inviting people to Cruise through for a novelty lift. A lot of hassle taking skis off for a 5 minute ride.

Thread Information