• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

CT to have year round skiing?

crank

Don't know how many of you have ever been to Powder Ridge. Place is flatter than a pancake. Even straight lining there would be boring.

Probably hard to et up enough speed to make 5 turns on their 500' slope.

Last edited:

Glenn

Looks promising! Could be a fun way to get some off season turns in.

dlague

Well they have lofty goals by trying to make the longest run of this type. I wonder what it feels like if you fall? Not that anyone here would, but ......

Glenn

Well they have lofty goals by trying to make the longest run of this type. I wonder what it feels like if you fall? Not that anyone here would, but ......

Road rash...or whatever material it is rash. Looked like most were in long pants. Probably to help negate the effects of falling.

cdskier

Road rash...or whatever material it is rash. Looked like most were in long pants. Probably to help negate the effects of falling.

I think I remember reading that they require you to wear long pants...

skiur

I am hot enough lapping Superstar in may with shorts and a t-shirt on, imagine how hot it would be in Connecticut in August with pants and long sleeves and 85 degrees.

Los

We're planning on going this weekend. If I can man up and figure out to wax our skis.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

powhunter

I took a ride there and watched for about 5 minutes..I would recommend some blow or Shrooms for a better on snow experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crank

Read a report on another site. Seems like it isn;t a super fast surface and it is hard to just keep moving all the way to the bottom They are supposedly working on that. I believe you spray the bottoms of your skis with a soapy solution or something and that helps you slide.

I'll pass.

Hawkshot99

Do not take your good skis or boards there!
Our other store location had a customer come in the other day. They went snowboarding at Powder Ridge last week with their board.
The base right on the edges is "burned or melted" in a few spots.
I have a video that was sent to me via text message, but can't seem to figure out how to post it. The board should be sent up to my store soon to see if we can save it for him and I'll get some pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Los

Ugh. Having second thoughts now...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member
I took a ride there and watched for about 5 minutes..I would recommend some blow or Shrooms for a better on snow experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fascinating advice. In a way my interest is peaked to take a drive by to look myself.