• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface summit shots

ajl50

Some collected shots of the whiteface summit.
clouds_clearing_the_summit.jpg

looking_up_at_summit_3-06_2.jpg

looking_up_at_summit_3-06.jpg

whiteface_panorama.jpg

(that one was from the hilton's 4th floor)

this one is the drop in from skyward
skyward_drop_in.jpg

ajl50

they are old- this set is actually from like '05
I'm lame
I should have noted it
It looks even better today.

woollatr

I wasn't able to get up there last weekend, but the three before that were pretty good. 2 weekends ago they had some pretty decent coverage (6-12 of heavy powder, havent seen that in NE for a while), but it was pretty busy and got moguled up early. A buddy of mine went last weekend and said it was pretty good. Theres my 2 cents.

tjf67

Depends on mother nature but there is a lot of snow. Like most big mountains in the East it could use some fresh.
There is debate over here but there is a shot of the slides opening soon. Some people went up the back side and got in there over the weekend.
I dont think there is a hill in better condition in the east currently. Couple that with the possibility of the slides being open I would check us out.

SIKSKIER

I've never been to WF but I gotta tell you,looking at some of those pics makes me drool.I guess I should cross the big lake and get over there!!

gladerider

i can't wait, coming up friday.
skyward looking great there.....

AdironRider

Its skiing great as well. The mtn has firmed up a bit since last week but there is still great snow on pretty much the entire mtn. Theyve gotten really lucky since the beginning of January, I dont think theres been a thaw at the mtn in over a month. Not much ice at all.

kingslug

Its skiing great as well. The mtn has firmed up a bit since last week but there is still great snow on pretty much the entire mtn. Theyve gotten really lucky since the beginning of January, I dont think theres been a thaw at the mtn in over a month. Not much ice at all.

Going to try and convince the wife to go Sun and Mon.

tjf67

It changed to snow 2:00

It just changed back to snow and its going pretty good right now. If it stays like this for a couple of hours should add up to a decent amount. The hill is reporting 10 so far. I think they hired the guy from Jay to do there measurements but who knows up top it may have never turned.