Wildlife clearing maintenance in the White Mountains - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Sage advice bigbob.
    Seriously, Delorme's is discontinuing it's atlas? Everyone, including state agencies uses it.
    Bill it's still active but just in digital form. Nothing like clipping the legs of we who enjoy the outdoors without pre-planning every bodily function. I don't know about other states but DeLorme's last hardcopy,Maine version, was either 2015 or 16(presently lying under something in my bookshelf. Anyway they've now gone 100% digital. Read that in either a BDN or Portland online story last year I believe.
    Last edited by bigbog; Aug 1, 2017 at 11:26 AM.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Bill it's still active but just in digital form. Nothing like clipping the legs of we who enjoy the outdoors without pre-planning every bodily function. I don't know about other states but DeLorme's last hardcopy,Maine version, was either 2015 or 16(presently lying under something in my bookshelf. Anyway they've now gone 100% digital. Read that in either a BDN or Portland online story last year I believe.
    Yeah, I see where they are going. That's really too bad. I have the 2015 version, but will check to see if there was one printed in 2016. I always keep getting new print copies as they get better every year.

Paper maps rule, especially for going back country. They're a helluva a lot bigger than a handheld, which gets harder to read every year. And it's much easier to annotate on. Perhaps this is the old school in me resisting change. But so often I get to where I'm going and change my plans.
    Kind of like the USGS maps going all digital too.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Paper maps rule, especially for going back country............ And it's much easier to annotate on. Perhaps this is the old school in me resisting change. But so often I get to where I'm going and change my plans.
    Kind of like the USGS maps going all digital too.
    I hear ya'....ditto the sentiments. Hey major Kudos to all your work in the woodlands billski!

SteveD

Thread Information