• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Signs that Ski Season is getting closer

granite

I have a max pass this year, so I've been looking at ski area web sites and trail maps. Doing some home work, getting an idea of the terrain at the ski areas I'll go to that I don't know well, or don't know at all.

Glad I got my car inspected, my oil changed, a four wheel alignment, complete interior/exterior detail and new snow tires. Let it snow, my car is ready-is yours? Anyone that tells you that all season tires work as good as snow tires in snow and ice doesn't know what they are talking about.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I have a max pass this year, so I've been looking at ski area web sites and trail maps. Doing some home work, getting an idea of the terrain at the ski areas I'll go to that I don't know well, or don't know at all.

Glad I got my car inspected, my oil changed, a four wheel alignment, complete interior/exterior detail and new snow tires. Let it snow, my car is ready-is yours? Anyone that tells you that all season tires work as good as snow tires in snow and ice doesn't know what they are talking about.

Don't forget to take out the summer air in those tires!! Topped off your blinker fluid yet?

cdskier

we run all terrains year round. Work great.

I did that up until about 5 or 6 years ago (including the 4 years back when I lived in Rochester, NY). It worked well, but I still think dedicated snow tires are better from my experience. My reasoning for using AT originally was for better snow traction but still only having one tire year round (I was a college kid at the time I started doing that, so two sets of tires was not an option). Now that I have dedicated snow tires I would not go back to running either AS or AT all year as long as I'm going up to VT every weekend.

machski

For all wheel/4 wheel, all seasons are ok. But my Frontier still slid more than I like last winter. For the Golf and GTI in the house, they are getting snows mounted on dedicated wheels so I can swap out at home. Much easier as I can wait to change over if winter delays easily. I also go to minus 1 wheel size on the winters, GTI will just barely allow but it saves about $50/tire at least. And the greater profile tire for snow is better IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app