• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Signs that Ski Season is getting closer

BenedictGomez

Both happened today:

1) First SKI Magazine arrived.

2) Received pre-sale code for Warren Miller flic

Cant be long........

dlague

Powder Daze is happanin' now actually started last week through Labor day at Christy Sports. Loveland 4 oaks transferable and can be all used on the same day with no black outs $149.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

ghughes20

It's going to be 36 degrees @ Stratton on Friday night. Crazy cold for this time of year, especially for southern VT. Might be cold enough for a frost at the peak.

mbedle

The stink bugs are starting to swarm the house and this year, the spotted lanternflies have come out in droves...

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
the spotted lanternflies have come out in droves...

I've got tons as well , they seem like a non issue though as they favor Bittersweet weed vines that plauge my raspberry patch. Haven't seen any damage from them.The nymps are pretty cool looking and the adults are entertaining to poke and watch them fly 50' or so.

mister moose

First frost of the season: (Killlington high peaks forecast)

TONIGHT...SUMMITS OBSCURED IN CLOUDS. LOW AROUND 31. NORTH WEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH.

Mt Marcy - 25
Whiteface - 29

Mt Washington - "Near 20, possible record"

Last edited:

Glenn

It's going to be 36 degrees @ Stratton on Friday night. Crazy cold for this time of year, especially for southern VT. Might be cold enough for a frost at the peak.

Wild. I thought 44F just north of Bratt was cold last weekend...

Glenn

Stocked up on some goods at the SoVT tent sales this weekend.

KustyTheKlown

bought new bindings (needed) and a new jacket (totally unneeded) and now need new pants to match the new jacket.

cleared work days off 12/16-1/2, and booked hotels all over the damn place while i figure out flights and destinations

spending money and planning to ski!