Signs that Ski Season is getting closer - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 151
  1. #131
    Snow tires for trucks and for my front wheel drive car aren't the same. The snow tires I have don't seem to be too soft a compound. I did some research on them, they have pretty good ratings for dry handling. The picture shows them not all that much different then some all season tires. I think they are a great price too for a snow tire.

    http://www.falkentire.com/tires/pass...ia-epz-ii-tire
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #132
    Signs ski season is getting closer- snow tire comparing and bitching
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I put mine on as late as I have to and take them off as soon as I can. Snow tires ain't cheap...
    Same.

    I typically put my snows on in December and off post my last VT ski trip, late March to mid April depending.

    They'll last for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I agree with it making no sense to drive them all year.
    In addition to the other reasons already mentioned for it making no sense, cumulatively it's a big waste of gas.

    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #134
    It would take more gas for me to drive to and from the tire shop two or three times a year to have my tires changed over than any minuscule gas mileage savings I would get from running all season tires for half a year. In addition, I wouldn't wait around for them to change the tires over, I would have my wife drive another car and take me back home. Then have her drive me back to the shop again later. That's a waste of gas. The other thing the critics are forgetting is my time. I not going to waste my time going to and from the tire shop two or three times a year. One and done for me, a nice-smooth-quiet non-aggressive snow tire for me works fine-no problems. Plus, you won't see me getting caught in a sudden early season snow storm; and how many of you haven't gotten around to switching your tires and then all of sudden it's too late and your stuck in a storm with your worn all seasons?

  5. #135

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    It would take more gas for me to drive to and from the tire shop two or three times a year to have my tires changed over than any minuscule gas mileage savings I would get from running all season tires for half a year. In addition, I wouldn't wait around for them to change the tires over, I would have my wife drive another car and take me back home. Then have her drive me back to the shop again later. That's a waste of gas. The other thing the critics are forgetting is my time. I not going to waste my time going to and from the tire shop two or three times a year. One and done for me, a nice-smooth-quiet non-aggressive snow tire for me works fine-no problems. Plus, you won't see me getting caught in a sudden early season snow storm; and how many of you haven't gotten around to switching your tires and then all of sudden it's too late and your stuck in a storm with your worn all seasons?
    Yup, snow in August in New England....Lol We are not gonna change your mind, so never mind.

  6. #136
    I generally try to time my tire changeover to coincide with an oil change...so no extra trips are involved at all.

  7. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I generally try to time my tire changeover to coincide with an oil change...so no extra trips are involved at all.
    Good point. I do the same. Same goes for rotations.

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

  8. #138
    ...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY...

    The National Weather Service in Gray has issued a Frost Advisory,
    which is in effect from 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Friday.

    * Temperatures...In the mid 30s.

    * Timing...Late tonight and early Friday morning.

    * Impacts...Outdoor plants may be killed if left unprotected.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  9. #139
    We run with all season tires only. They are pretty darn good these days.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  10. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Yup, snow in August in New England....Lol We are not gonna change your mind, so never mind.
    I read that wondering, where in Nunavut does he live? Must be 1,200 miles to the nearest garage.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:52 PM.