Skiing Mag Back Issue

AlpineZone

Skiing Mag Back Issue

I'm looking to purchase a back issue of the February 1997 issue of Skiing Magazine and have looked everywhere to try and find it! I'm actually looking for one article in it. Anyway...any thoughts on how to accomplish it or does anyone have it kicking around? Thanks!

Check e-bay. That's probably your best bet for finding an older magazine.

I checked google books, and they have a bunch of copies, just not the february 1997 issue.

My Mom made me throw it out in high school.
    2016/2017: * = powder day
    Berkshire East [January 16, February 10]
    Bolton Valley [January 1, February 5*, February 19]
    Burke [December 17*, January 28*]
    Heavenly [March 5*, March 11]
    Jay Peak [January 29*, April 9]
    Jiminy Peak [November 26]
    Killington [December 4, December 10, April 8*, April 15]
    Kirkwood [March 8]
    Mad River Glen [February 25]
    Magic [February 13*]
    Mt Rose [March 7*]
    Mountain Snow [April 3]
    Northstar [March 10]
    Okemo [November 23]
    Pico [January 7*, February 18, March 19]
    Smuggler’s Notch [January 22]
    Stratton [February 4]
    Stowe [January 21]
    Sugarbush [January 2]
    Telluride [March 27, March 28*]
    Whiteface [February 12]

Thanks for those ideas. Tried them and came up with nothing. Was hoping someone might have a stash on here! So weird can't find one

Quote Originally Posted by srmski View Post
    Thanks for those ideas. Tried them and came up with nothing.
    Except rummaging through bdfreetuna mom's trash, right? Seems to be a lot of back issues of Ski floating around, but not Skiing. Maybe check a library? They might have it on microfilm/microfiche, but that's probably a long-shot. Good luck in your search.

Edit: Old editions of Skiing magazine state that microfilm editions are available from Xerox University of Microfilm, Ann Arbor Michigan. Microfiche is available from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Division, Wooster, OH. Not sure if any of those places still exist or if they continued archiving the magazine through 1997, but you might want to check them out.
    Last edited by Domeskier; Aug 8, 2017 at 9:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Except rummaging through bdfreetuna mom's trash, right? Seems to be a lot of back issues of Ski floating around, but not Skiing. Maybe check a library? They might have it on microfilm/microfiche, but that's probably a long-shot. Good luck in your search.

Edit: Old editions of Skiing magazine state that microfilm editions are available from Xerox University of Microfilm, Ann Arbor Michigan. Microfiche is available from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Division, Wooster, OH. Not sure if any of those places still exist or if they continued archiving the magazine through 1997, but you might want to check them out.
    Thanks for that!

Much to my wife's frustration, I've kept many years of both SKI and SKIING, but alas, do not have the issue you're looking for. I really was hoping my "hobby" would help you out, but unfortunately no can do. Just out of curiosity, what's the article you're looking to review?

It was a Kristen Ulmer article...Supercharge your skiing....something like that. And it was very helpful to me back then and even though I saved the copy for years I somehow threw it away. Just would love to get my hands on it again. And of course now I'm on a mission

Thread Information