• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eveready

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have been using Hottronics for about six seasons now. I can't speak highly enough about them. I leave them on setting 2 of 4 and my feet stay comfortable in all but the most bitter days; like -5 and below. The charge lasts about six hours on that setting. Best $200 ski gear investment I have ever made.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

ironhippy

Re: sweaty feet.

I found I was quite often starting the day the with sweaty feet, which would lead to really cold toes an hour into the day.

Now I make sure I put on a fresh pair of socks right before I put my boots on and I make sure my feet are already kind of cold.
That way my feet are dry when I start the day and unless I do something stupid (like making myself sweat in -20 weather) my feet stay dry and mostly warm through the day.

drjeff

I've never heard of them, but this literally made be LOL at my desk.

It's kind of like the VISA commercial for me with respect to the Lenz socks.... Cost of heated ski socks $200..... Not having to listen to my wife complain about cold feet while skiing anymore..... Priceless!! ;)

Disclaimer though, my wife is one of those poor circulation folks, who even on an 85 degree summer day sitting by the pool, ends up with chilled toes. Totally not a boot fit issue with her and her fully custom foamed liners with zero hot spots, 100% a poor blood flow issue in her feet!!

As for my daughter, well simply put, she wears race sized, race fit boots. As in my daughters street shoes are 2.5-3 sizes larger than my wife's street shoe size, but they wear the exact same sized boot shell. Race boots, when sized in a true race way, aren't known for their warmth!! Those Lenz socks made a HUGE difference for her, and many other kids she races with in being able to stay out longer training, not give up any boot performance, and not have cold toes anywhere near the extent that she used to.

I was skeptical at first, but know the shop owner and his wife where we bought them not just as a customer, but as an actual friend, and trusted their word last fall when they suggested them. Not regrets at all, and in my families case, worth the $$

Jully

Yes. Definitely change into my ski socks at the mountain and don't wear them on the ride to the hill.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

I started doing that this year and it made a world of difference. I always thought my feet were just cold or my socks were old, but no, my feet were just sweating. Had minimal feet issues this year.

Thought about the antiperspirant thing before, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

TheArchitect

I was skeptical at first, but know the shop owner and his wife where we bought them not just as a customer, but as an actual friend, and trusted their word last fall when they suggested them. Not regrets at all, and in my families case, worth the $$

Does your friend's shop have an online store?