• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

KSL Capital Partners Buys Deer Valley

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like KSL is opening up shop at just a rope line away from one of Vail's biggest resorts:

As a valued guest, I want to be the first to let you know the latest news. The newly formed entity controlled by affiliates of KSL Capital Partners, LLC (“KSL”) and Henry Crown and Company (“HCC”) that in July joined Intrawest Resorts, Mammoth Resorts and Squaw Valley Ski Holdings has entered into an agreement with Deer Valley® to acquire the resort.
Over the last 36 years, Deer Valley has developed into one of the highest quality ski resorts in the country. This transaction puts the resort in a strong position to continue to grow as part of a portfolio of 12 other outstanding resorts. We are excited about the new opportunities this will create for our staff, our guests and the Park City community.
I know there will be questions about the purchase and why we entered into this agreement. For this reason, we have included a link to the press release that was sent to media as well as a list of your anticipated questions and answers.
Please know that KSL and HCC are committed to Deer Valley’s brand, providing exceptional service to our guests, as well as to the staff. They truly value the efforts and dedication from staff members in building this amazing, preeminent mountain resort.
I plan to stay on as President/General Manager serving in my current role at Deer Valley Resort with no anticipated changes, and I sincerely hope you share in my excitement as we enter this new phase in the evolution and growth of Deer Valley Resort.

Not sure if Solitude is included.

dlague

they also announced this and looks like they will pull out of the Mountain Collective

Because both resort companies have already put their season pass products on sale for next season (Intrawest’s MAX Pass and Aspen both solo and as part of Mountain Collective), no real changes in terms of access will be in place for the coming 2017-18 season. But going forward, this further ski industry consolidation will create the first serious competitor to Vail Resorts’ Epic Pass, with a similar geographic range of major ski resorts. By the following winter - barring any more purchases - Aspen should be able to offer a pass that will allow customers to ski at a dozen mountains from the East Coast to the Rockies to Tahoe, as well as Canada.

BenedictGomez

going forward, this further ski industry consolidation will create the first serious competitor to Vail Resorts’ Epic Pass, with a similar geographic range of major ski resorts.

It's all proceeding pretty much as I've expected.

emperor-639230.jpg

Everything's going to look great for a number of years, but at some point, somebody will be pressured into making poor acquisitions and taking on too much debt.

Glenn

Everything's going to look great for a number of years, but at some point, somebody will be pressured into making poor acquisitions and taking on too much debt.

I believe that's what happened with the American Skiing Company back in the day.