• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Help with hiking goal!!!

Maharet

Hello everybody! I am brand new to this group and fairly new to hiking. I have always been a casual hiker but last year I completed some summits and really got the bug! I turn 40 this October (ouch) and a goal I have is to climb Mt. Washington in my 40th year! So my question is this... I am looking for a list of trails/peaks that I can do on weekends that will increase in difficulty and build my hiking skills. I am hoping to do Washington August of 2018... Are there any guides or lists already out there or does anyone on here have any suggestions? I live about an hour from the Whites so I have easy access to the area! Thanks so much!!!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Tolkien