• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storing roof box

Hawkshot99

Currently it's leaning against the fence in my back yard. I wish I had a slightly higher ceiling in the garage. I would put 4 d-rings in the ceiling and hoist it right off my roof and store it tight to the ceiling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

Currently it's leaning against the fence in my back yard. I wish I had a slightly higher ceiling in the garage. I would put 4 d-rings in the ceiling and hoist it right off my roof and store it tight to the ceiling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

thinking of the hoist option myself. for the box and my Jeep's hard top.

Hawkshot99

thinking of the hoist option myself. for the box and my Jeep's hard top.
I have 2 kayaks hung in my garage with d-rings and cambuckle straps. But they are turned 90 degrees to the door and have to be brought in by hand. I rarely use those kayaks, which is good because they are big and hard to get down.

prsboogie

If i had quick release mounts I would hang a 1" pipe on the wall of the garage and hang it from that. Since I do not, it stays on all year