• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak area

Sparky

Planning a trip to Jay probably for January, and I'm looking for a reasonable place near by . Any ideas?

Cornhead

http://snowshoevt.com If you like "rustic" bars, and would like to see what Jay was like prior to the EB5 boondoggle. Hell, the TV in my room actually worked last time I stayed there. WiFi, not so much, barely.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

Never puled the trigger, but saw some pretty good deals for the stateside lodge pop up now and then last year.Particularly if you can go midweek.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My experience at Jay in January has never been good. If it falls in a thaw freeze time it won't be good. If you happen to hit it after a storm you may be alright but the glades and woods will be thinly covered. A mere foot (maybe two if you're lucky) of snow really isn't enough in my book. Better to wait until late February to March to give things time to fill in. The reason for that is their snowmaking and grooming is minimal. They rely on the Jay Cloud to do most of the work.

IceEidolon

As for the glades, I'd like to see a PB600 or an Impulse tower or Larchmont Z1 in there - they need to wait on natural. For all the covered trails, though, you've got a bit of a point (though recently they have upped their capacity).

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

http://snowshoevt.com If you like "rustic" bars, and would like to see what Jay was like prior to the EB5 boondoggle. Hell, the TV in my room actually worked last time I stayed there. WiFi, not so much, barely.

what's their rate, approximately? not available on the site without a more formal inquiry.

Cornhead

what's their rate, approximately? not available on the site without a more formal inquiry.
Pretty cheap, $35, but that was in the Spring, and probably at least 5 yrs ago. Give them a call, Pete is a cool guy, if he's still there. First time I was there they had Genny Cream Ale on tap, pretty funny, maybe to them it was an exotic. Like a little bit of home 400 miles away.