Jay Peak area

AlpineZone

Thread: Jay Peak area

Jay Peak area

Planning a trip to Jay probably for January, and I'm looking for a reasonable place near by . Any ideas?

SHUT UP AND SKI

http://www.woodshedlodge.com

Very close to the hill, very nice owners, charming place with a cool dog and great breakfast.
    2017/2018:
    [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

http://snowshoevt.com If you like "rustic" bars, and would like to see what Jay was like prior to the EB5 boondoggle. Hell, the TV in my room actually worked last time I stayed there. WiFi, not so much, barely.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

I would also consider camping.

Appreciate the suggestions. I've been at a loss for lodging around Jay ever since the inglenook closed. (Anyone remember that place?)

Never puled the trigger, but saw some pretty good deals for the stateside lodge pop up now and then last year.Particularly if you can go midweek.

My experience at Jay in January has never been good. If it falls in a thaw freeze time it won't be good. If you happen to hit it after a storm you may be alright but the glades and woods will be thinly covered. A mere foot (maybe two if you're lucky) of snow really isn't enough in my book. Better to wait until late February to March to give things time to fill in. The reason for that is their snowmaking and grooming is minimal. They rely on the Jay Cloud to do most of the work.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

As for the glades, I'd like to see a PB600 or an Impulse tower or Larchmont Z1 in there - they need to wait on natural. For all the covered trails, though, you've got a bit of a point (though recently they have upped their capacity).

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    http://snowshoevt.com If you like "rustic" bars, and would like to see what Jay was like prior to the EB5 boondoggle. Hell, the TV in my room actually worked last time I stayed there. WiFi, not so much, barely.

what's their rate, approximately? not available on the site without a more formal inquiry.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    what's their rate, approximately? not available on the site without a more formal inquiry.
    Pretty cheap, $35, but that was in the Spring, and probably at least 5 yrs ago. Give them a call, Pete is a cool guy, if he's still there. First time I was there they had Genny Cream Ale on tap, pretty funny, maybe to them it was an exotic. Like a little bit of home 400 miles away.

Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information