Greek Peak announces massive snowmaking improvements ... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where did you end up getting a pass for this year? I see they aren't charging the ridiculous "resort" fee on lift tickets this year. But they still have a long way to go before I ever spend another penny there.

Hahahahaha. What a bunch of tools. Fire the whole upper management.

Greek Peak just on facebook:

Today, improvements continue with the goal to get the mountain open sooner with more available trails. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is replacing 750 feet of snowmaking pipe and adding 14 new HKD SV Snow Guns, one SMI Tower Fan, and a Tech Alpine Fan Gun. With these enhancements, Greek Peak will increase 1,000 gallons per minute of snow gun capacity.

Looks like centimeters for the win, a bit less actually for the water lines lol.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by doublediamond View Post
    Hahahahaha. What a bunch of tools. Fire the whole upper management.

Greek Peak just on facebook:

Today, improvements continue with the goal to get the mountain open sooner with more available trails. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is replacing 750 feet of snowmaking pipe and adding 14 new HKD SV Snow Guns, one SMI Tower Fan, and a Tech Alpine Fan Gun. With these enhancements, Greek Peak will increase 1,000 gallons per minute of snow gun capacity.
    I'm so confused. It's one thing to lie or misrepresent upgrades, it is another to completely contradict a previous announcement two weeks later in the same place you made the first!

I'm guessing the marketing department accidentally released a long term plan. Just another example of the poor management and communication at GP. Looks like this years improvements were only for karyatis and the bunny slope. I doubt this will make any noticeable improvement in conditions, even for beginners.

Maybe GP uses a PR firm that handles a few other mountains, and that press release was for a different mountain?

Years ago, they used to contract out their Facebook page (at a very high cost too lol!). After hiring a new marketing director it was run in-house. That marketing manager insisted that it be brought in-house to save money and to update things quicker. That employee has moved on and their Facebook page went back to posting the same images with overlaid text over and over again. I'm guessing their back to that shitty firm again.

More GP fail. Check out their world-class terrain park features! And their impeccable corduroy work!!

uEm01Fg.jpg

I'll give them credit, they tried. But then they failed. Hopefully they didn't blow away their snow making budget on this publicity stunt.

Brand New - Super Pole Cat - mounted on a tower at the base, next to the pump house.

GEDC4768.jpg

Thread Information