Attitash (Peak Resorts LTD.) vs. Grand Summit Owners association - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    That is a good point. I'm thinking of places like Killington or Mount Snow which don't really have anything around them for people to do outside of using the mountain.
    Exactly. For a lot of the resorts with big hotels, the resort is the only game in town, so if there is ANY summer traffic, the hotel can at least compete. The Grand at Attitash can't compete during off seasons and in the ski season there is one of the best ski towns in New England 20 minutes away where you could stay instead.

At first glance a hotel 'just' 20 minutes outside of Conway doesn't sound like a bad idea. Very different in practice though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Exactly. For a lot of the resorts with big hotels, the resort is the only game in town, so if there is ANY summer traffic, the hotel can at least compete. The Grand at Attitash can't compete during off seasons and in the ski season there is one of the best ski towns in New England 20 minutes away where you could stay instead.

At first glance a hotel 'just' 20 minutes outside of Conway doesn't sound like a bad idea. Very different in practice though!
    Agreed, especially with how many lodging options there are in Conway or at least closer than 20 minutes away.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

The reality is that the Grand Summit isn't big enough nor nice enough to attract the critical mass of people there to support nice amenities like a good restaurant and spa.

In a way it reminds me of Stowes old hotel at the toll house. It just didn't have the scale to attract many people there outside of the weekends and holidays. Too small to make it work that far from town. Then they build Spruce and it works due to it's size and amenities.

If Attitash built a bunch more lodging at the Bear Peak base, then the Summit could probably support a decent restaurant and re-invest in the health club and Spa.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

During ski season, I spend the night in Bartlett regularly and it has never occurred to us to go to the Grand Summit for dinner and Matty B’s isn’t a draw for us. Too many good options towards Intervale and Jackson.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Matty B's is just fine for beers and a pie when I'm staying at AMV, no driving necessary. Plus the pool is in the building as well.
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information