Quick question...Crystal Mountain or Snoqualmie for a day trip?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick question...Crystal Mountain or Snoqualmie for a day trip?

Going to Seattle on Business for a week in late Feb. Have a day off in the middle of the trip (a Thursday) and want to get a day of skiing in. Which area is the better venue? Crystal or Snoqualmie? Me: advanced skier, skies everything but won't be doing anything stupid, still need to work the weekend. Will bring boots, rent skis.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Just from a 30,000 foot view, I think you will be much happier at Crystal. Snoqualmie is pretty small.

Was there a few years ago and exact same one day business scenario. Go to Crystal!

Stayed in Eunemclaw (sp) and it turned out to be a bluebird day at Crystal the only day I skied there. My avatar is from Crystal w Rainier in the background.

Oops, I had changed my avatar so it's not Rainier, but the day at Crystal was legendary.

Never been to Snoqualmie, but I'll add to the chorus saying Crystal is awesome, an excellent way to spend your Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    Going to Seattle on Business for a week in late Feb. Have a day off in the middle of the trip (a Thursday) and want to get a day of skiing in. Which area is the better venue? Crystal or Snoqualmie? Me: advanced skier, skies everything but won't be doing anything stupid, still need to work the weekend. Will bring boots, rent skis.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

You should hit Alpental. Chair 2 has padded seats....

Go to Crystal, it's quite a ski area. I kept thinking: "Why isn't this place more famous?".

And, get ready, it's steep.

Can always hit Snoqualmie for a little night skiing to get a taste.

Was just out there first weekend of January. All though conditions sucked due to rain and re-freeze, Crystal would get my vote as it is huge and looked to have some pretty sweet terrain. Lots of trees and bowl skiing to choose from. In good conditions, would be awesome.

Full disclosure, I did not ski Snoqualmie as it was weekend and I was warned by some friends who live and ski out there it gets crazy busy and that Crystal was much better.

If you go to Crystal, check out the Snorting Elk after. Great bar!

Too far for a day trip, but Mt. Baker is pretty sweet too. Went there after Crystal on account of them getting snow while I was there and had 2 awesome days. Really great expert skiing.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Crystal...

Thread Information