Trip out west

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip out west

Trip out west

Hello all,

me and my family will be taking a trip out west feb...

We need advice on trying to figure out where to go.

Some thing that are important are snowfall, trees, cruisers, and good places to eat nearby. any suggestions???

Mt Bachelor fits your bill nicely. Bend Oregon has some great food and a lot of breweries. Legit PNW snowfall, great intermediate terrain all around the mountain and awesome trees. Nothing too extreme, but great intermediate terrain.

Downsides are flight is longer and a little more expensive than a flight to a major hub like SLC or Denver and there is no slopesidr lodging, you stay in Bend and either take a cheap shuttle to the mountain or drive 20 minutes.

Park City Utah is another option with good food, snow and cruisers. Vail too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacadelic_Skier View Post
    family trip out west feb... where to go... snowfall, trees, cruisers, and good places to eat nearby. any suggestions???
    Steamboat is also good for that: http://www.dcski.com/articles/1330

Bachelor is a really good idea if you are going during February school break time. They are not a major destination resort and the local don't have President's week vacation.

It is not a good idea if you want a slopeside village or accommodations.
    form is a 4 letter word

Do you want to be at the resort or are you okay with driving or bussing every day to the resort?

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Do you want to be at the resort or are you okay with driving or bussing every day to the resort?
    Also note that the road to Bachelor from Bend is a chain required road or snow tires. Keep that in mind as rentals will likely offer neither.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

If you have not been out west much and want a killer experience I would just go to Whistler BC. Little over an hour by bus from Vancouver airport and once you are there you do not need a car. Over a hundred bars and restaurants and all the skiing you can imagine.
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you have not been out west much and want a killer experience I would just go to Whistler BC. Little over an hour by bus from Vancouver airport and once you are there you do not need a car. Over a hundred bars and restaurants and all the skiing you can imagine.
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/
    Yes!

Standard answer that is never wrong is SLC.

Kirkwood would be my sleeper choice for February vacation, but the food is limited.

So many options, such a vague question. Such a different between staying at a posh all inclusive resort or ski bumming it and chasing snow with flexibility...

No matter what, I'd delay your booking until you get an idea of who's getting snow. Kirkwood is a great place, but Tahoe is a roll of the dice snow-wise past few years (as an example),

Thread Information