What has happened to Alpine Zone? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Mea culpa. I know this, but have focused my continued efforts on other areas besides the cover photo. That one was stock and easy when I switched from a summer to winter photo.

I'll put aside my other work for the moment and search for a suitable (legally usable) replacement.

haha just rip the one from this site. It aint like he's gonna notice!

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Mea culpa. I know this, but have focused my continued efforts on other areas besides the cover photo. That one was stock and easy when I switched from a summer to winter photo.

I'll put aside my other work for the moment and search for a suitable (legally usable) replacement.
    Are you the weatherman on NMS?

If a bunch of us just became Beach Body coaching clients of Nick and his wife, I'm sure we could get him back around here from time to time!

Glad for them and their family that they've been successful in their coaching business!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Should I keep an eye out on this site or the other one ... ?
    I must have missed the memo when it was first circulated. Just remedied that...

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    If a bunch of us just became Beach Body coaching clients of Nick and his wife, I'm sure we could get him back around here from time to time!

Glad for them and their family that they've been successful in their coaching business!
    Oh I thought they were selling Amway
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

M.A.G.A.

Make Alpinezone Great Again
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Need more young blood. Many of us have been on this board for YEARS and have asked/answered every skiing related question under the sun. The only discussions that drive current conversation are ownership of ski area X and what plans they have. Now that the Quiros EB-5 scandal has quieted down quite a bit, there has been even less discussion.
    It is sad to see the board slowly withering away. However, the younger generation really isn't into message board posting. They have adopted newer forms of social media that are slowly killing message boards across the internet, not just AlpineZone.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Everybody keep saying people are switching to FB and such. But message boards has a different format different from FB. I haven't seen any decent discussion on the few FB groups I'm in.

For bragging, FB is great.

For asking ONE single question a time, FB works too.

But for multiple discussion?

Wasn't Nick's sister involved in the site at one point?

As long as the forum is up and running, I'll still check in. I always enjoy the weather reports, TRs and general ski area banter.

Sure,there are ways ways to improve. But I can't really get wrapped around the axle since this is a product I technically pay nothing for nor have any skin in the game so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Everybody keep saying people are switching to FB and such. But message boards has a different format different from FB. I haven't seen any decent discussion on the few FB groups I'm in.

For bragging, FB is great.

For asking ONE single question a time, FB works too.

But for multiple discussion?
    I am decidedly in that younger generation and do NOT want to use FB for that. People on FB are incredibly annoying. The completely open format leads to that. Having an intelligent ski community is something I've found unique to ski forums only (and only certain forums at that...).

Reddit is another platform that the younger generation uses, but I hate its interface and the skiing discussions aren't great.

Thread Information