What has happened to Alpine Zone? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    isn't it just slow because its September? I know I started visiting here again and posting only about 2 weeks ago after not visiting at all june-present.

I like the crowd here, even if its a small one. y'all are knowledgable about eastern skiing and deals and I enjoy the banter in season very much. I would assume things will pick up over the next couple months, no?

~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Everybody keep saying people are switching to FB and such. But message boards has a different format different from FB. I haven't seen any decent discussion on the few FB groups I'm in.

For bragging, FB is great.

For asking ONE single question a time, FB works too.

But for multiple discussion?
    I migrated away from FB. While I still have an account there and still use it, I find forums are better suited for these types of discussions. I do think that with the performance issues that people have migrated away from AZ. In addition, another Northeast forum has been launched, the traffic there is less than this site but many of the regulars that were here are now on the new site. Some are also on both. I have also sought out, other forums that have more traffic like Pugski which seems to have picked up a lot of the Epicski crowd.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I am a junior in college. The only reason I am not ready to jump off Facebook is important ads I see for student organizations. I would much rather use other mediums.

facebook has become super depressing for me in the past year (politics). but I keep it because it helps me keep track of events and its the only place I have years worth of photos stored.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    Need more young blood. Many of us have been on this board for YEARS and have asked/answered every skiing related question under the sun. The only discussions that drive current conversation are ownership of ski area X and what plans they have. Now that the Quiros EB-5 scandal has quieted down quite a bit, there has been even less discussion.
    It is sad to see the board slowly withering away. However, the younger generation really isn't into message board posting. They have adopted newer forms of social media that are slowly killing message boards across the internet, not just AlpineZone.
    I just found this site last year, and I've really enjoyed it, though I agree it seems to be slow...

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Are you the weatherman on NMS?
    Yes. I changed the user name largely because of the new weather blog I'll be launching in the next couples of days. I've got plans, and have stubbed out the address:

http://www.northeastmountainsports.com/weather/
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Yep. Sorry folks. I think that Nick overstretched himself. For those that did not hear, he joined his wife's business and is focused on that. They also just moved to Florida and the "Northeast Mountain Sports" down there are limited to gator wrestling. The App is not working well. I know that some of the Mods have been trying to get him, but he has a lot on his plate not to mention a hurricane.

I am not posting as much either. Mainly because of the lower levels of traffic and that my connection to the NE weakens every day I am in the Intermountain West. It has been six years. Wow, where did the time go?
    Ditto. I am guilty as well. Think this is the first time I've posted in at least 4 months. Kind of a chicken/egg scenario, although traffic has definitely died down slowly over time.

Everything I post IRT to the East Coast is pretty much in a nostalgic sense, and it seems like there is less and less to contribute over time.

I'd really hate to see this site go the way of the EpicSki....
    2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Yes. I changed the user name largely because of the new weather blog I'll be launching in the next couples of days. I've got plans, and have stubbed out the address:

http://www.northeastmountainsports.com/weather/
    First post is live. I hope you all enjoy and learn something in the process.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMom80 View Post
    I just found this site last year, and I've really enjoyed it, though I agree it seems to be slow...
    Check this place out if your looking for good conversations and a functional site.
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

I hope Nick appreciates the still positive feedback that you all give here.

I don't like FB and prefer this type of forum. I like the crowd and feedback here. I think it's a shame it has been neglected lately.

It just struck me I have been around here since 2004; that's a long time. I don't surf around much and don't frequent other ski forums.

I hope the place survives.

Thread Information