What has happened to Alpine Zone? - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Alpine zone defiantly makes more money. If you google northeast ski forum Skimrv.com and a link who's description is all Korean except "alpinezone.com" comes up.
    Being high on a google search result doesn't mean a site definitely makes "more money".

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Being high on a google search result doesn't mean a site definitely makes "more money".
    Yeah, especially given all you have to do is pay GOOG some extortion money to get up to the top of the search results.

And BTW, anyone remember the below scene in Vacation where Chevy Chase's character is getting his car fixed, and he asks the mechanic how much it costs, and the mechanic says, "well, how much you got?"

Most folks don't realize this, but that's not really all that dissimilar to how GOOG operates its' fee model.

Last edited by BenedictGomez; Sep 25, 2017 at 9:55 AM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

True but it means NMS is probably only getting click from readers of this thread, limiting its growth for now. I think reading this thread is the only reasonable way to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, especially given all you have to do is pay GOOG some extortion money to get up to the top of the search results.[/video]
    You think Nick pays for higher search results?

Maybe. He uses Google Ads, so they have an incentive to drive traffic to sites that use their ad network.

And the results also vary based on platform, your history, etc. Here are my results to the query "northeast ski forum"

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.44.57 AM.jpg
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

No idea. It's possible there are no payers for the likely search string in that area given how niche something like "northeast ski forum" etc... is, and somebody has to be at or near the top after all.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    No idea. It's possible there are no payers for the likely search string in that area given how niche something like "northeast ski forum" etc... is, and somebody has to be at or near the top after all.
    I just did a Google search for "northeast ski forum" and not a single Adword listing came up - so I doubt that anyone is paying to be at the top of the page for that particular search.

Surprisingly enough, the same is true when I search for "northeast skiing" and "northeast ski area."

Frankly, thanks to Adblocker, I've never seen an ad on this site let alone clicked on one. Surely I am not the only one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Frankly, thanks to Adblocker, I've never seen an ad on this site let alone clicked on one. Surely I am not the only one out there.
    I don't have adblocker, but the ads that do exist for logged in users are very minimal (one banner at the top and bottom of the page that I've never clicked on...). And usually the one at the bottom is so far down the page that I rarely even see it. I think if you browse the site as a guest you see many inline ads in the middle of threads.

I don't have adblocker, but the ads that do exist for logged in users are very minimal (one banner at the top and bottom of the page that I've never clicked on...). And usually the one at the bottom is so far down the page that I rarely even see it. I think if you browse the site as a guest you see many inline ads in the middle of threads.
    Never knew there was one at the bottom
    The one at the top is usually some site that I have recently gone to.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Absentee landlord.
    Unfortunately yes

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32