What has happened to Alpine Zone? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I don't have adblocker, but the ads that do exist for logged in users are very minimal (one banner at the top and bottom of the page that I've never clicked on...). And usually the one at the bottom is so far down the page that I rarely even see it. I think if you browse the site as a guest you see many inline ads in the middle of threads.
    Yeah, I'm not using ad-blockers on this browser, and I've never noticed the one at the bottom either. The top one is usually something I've shopped for, or am in the process of shopping for, so it doesn't bother me either.

Alpine Zone really wants me to buy a $300,000 wristwatch. And visit online gambling sites where the grand prize appears to be a Russian mail-order bride. If only there were a way to figure out what people visiting a website dedicated to discussing skiing 365 days year might be tempted to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Alpine Zone really wants me to buy a $300,000 wristwatch. And visit online gambling sites where the grand prize appears to be a Russian mail-order bride. If only there were a way to figure out what people visiting a website dedicated to discussing skiing 365 days year might be tempted to buy.
    I have been in the Netherlands the for the last month so now it tries selling me dutch products in dutch. Right now i have a cell phone company I can't even buy without a Dutch bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    If only there were a way to figure out what people visiting a website dedicated to discussing skiing 365 days year might be tempted to buy.
    Well, there is a website dedicated to figure out what you might be tempted to buy, it's called Facebook.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I find the ads are a lot less intrusive here than at NMS.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream View Post
    I find the ads are a lot less intrusive here than at NMS.
    That would be good feedback to give. They have a thread dedicated to these type of comments.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    That would be good feedback to give. They have a thread dedicated to these type of comments.
    But what sub-forum. Way too may sub-forums to hunt thru to find stuff. Not everything needs to be taken out of "General Discussions" and given its own sub-forum. It makes it take waaay too long to pass thru, see what's new, read it, and be on your way... hint, hint

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    How much money can a website like this make? And doesn't everyone use ad-blockers anyway?
    I can tell you for a fact that back in the day it was a nice second income. Also free lift tickets and gear. It also had enough value to be sold for a good amount of money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Done, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    But what sub-forum. Way too may sub-forums to hunt thru to find stuff. Not everything needs to be taken out of "General Discussions" and given its own sub-forum. It makes it take waaay too long to pass thru, see what's new, read it, and be on your way... hint, hint
    So true...I much prefer all skiing related topics in one forum instead of numerous sub-forums. 95% of the time here on AZ for example I only refresh this specific sub-forum that this thread is in and never look at any of the other sub-forums.

Thread Information