What has happened to Alpine Zone? - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Hey guys, Summit IS happening, I have been talking with Sugarloaf. Expect an announcement by mid-october(ish). Yes I will be heading north from sunny Florida (haha, never thought I'd move here but here I be!) to ski with you guys.

I've been MIA obviously. We moved, my wife's business is all-consuming. I got laid off from my job in June and started a new one and it's been ridiculously busy. I've been traveling a ton for work which makes my schedule crazy.

When I started with AZ I had a job that required ..well.. minimal input. I also didn't have any kids. So I could spend the entire day just dicking around in the forums with everyone. Right now I'm just not at that phase, and I apologize for not communicating clearly what is going on.

I can promise to keep the servers running, the software updated (including the mobile apps) , and the summit going, so we all have a place to chat and go. AZ isn't changing, going away, or anything like that; it's just I won't be as active in sitting online arguing about whether or not to bring back GSS.

Anyways -hope you guys are doing awesome. If something on the site is borked shoot me an email and i'll check it out. nick@alpinezone.com.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Do it in March this year!
    March is actually probably a great time, maybe we will switch it up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Not to mention the SkiMRV site has ben down for months. When are they going to fix that?
    I just logged in there and it is resolving, what is happening on skimrv? I know we had an issue for a while with it being blacklisted because of some hack but that was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    <------- Had to look that term up

Agreed. Just for proper functionality. I miss entering all the contests he used to run too (even though I only ever won 1 of them).
    That's the part that's really tough for me right now. I apologize for that.

Running contest, the AZ Challenge, even getting the posts up in the news site. That took me hours every single day and was a manual process.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I just logged in there and it is resolving, what is happening on skimrv? I know we had an issue for a while with it being blacklisted because of some hack but that was fixed
    Try clicking on a thread. You'll get a database error. This started a few months after it was fixed for that hack.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Try clicking on a thread. You'll get a database error. This started a few months after it was fixed for that hack.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Skimrv has been dead for months. Check the last post date there. Would be nice to see it back, but with such a long outage, not sure it can be revived.

Good to see you back Nick! Sounds like a lot of activity. Hang in there.

Yes!

Thread Information