• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What has happened to Alpine Zone?

cdskier

I haven't had any problems lately on AZ, but SkiMRV not working for months is extremely annoying.

shwilly

I don't know, but every time Blue Boy posts or is mentioned, I get the Mac Demarco song "Blue Boy" stuck in my head.

So keep on posting! That's a good song.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Absentee landlord.

Yep. Sorry folks. I think that Nick overstretched himself. For those that did not hear, he joined his wife's business and is focused on that. They also just moved to Florida and the "Northeast Mountain Sports" down there are limited to gator wrestling. The App is not working well. I know that some of the Mods have been trying to get him, but he has a lot on his plate not to mention a hurricane.

I am not posting as much either. Mainly because of the lower levels of traffic and that my connection to the NE weakens every day I am in the Intermountain West. It has been six years. Wow, where did the time go?

wa-loaf

He needs to sell to someone who cares. That or actually put some effort into this. I assume he's got some money invested here and it will slowly fade away as participants move to other forums until he has nothing. So sell to someone who wants to make it work or put some damn work into it.

BenedictGomez

the Intermountain West.

<------- Had to look that term up

He needs to sell to someone who cares. That or actually put some effort into this. I assume he's got some money invested here and it will slowly fade away as participants move to other forums until he has nothing. So sell to someone who wants to make it work or put some damn work into it.

Agreed. Just for proper functionality. I miss entering all the contests he used to run too (even though I only ever won 1 of them).

yeggous

What intrinsic value remains? I don't see it, especially given the trends. Growth is the primary driver of valuation.

Agreed. Just for proper functionality. I miss entering all the contests he used to run too (even though I only ever won 1 of them).

Keep an eye out. There are plans already in the works.

wa-loaf

What intrinsic value remains? I don't see it, especially given the trends. Growth is the primary driver of valuation.

Keep an eye out. There are plans already in the works.

True, Greg worked his ass of to create value. A lot of that has withered away, but there may still be some value to the name. Also, if someone actually put some effort in with promoting events and giveaways it could still come back.

Should I keep an eye out on this site or the other one ... ? :-D

Jully

<------- Had to look that term up

HAHA learned a new term today myself too.

I miss the contests and the AZ challenges, but agree, just more activity and upkeep from the owner would be nice. AZ has name recognition with some ski resorts and plenty of ski enthusiasts. It would be a shame for it to completely dwindle away.

skiberg

You might think that if they are going to create a site named Northeast Mountain Sports that they would use a picture of NE mountains. Definitely not NE, almost certain that's Utah's LaSalle Mtns.

yeggous

You might think that if they are going to create a site named Northeast Mountain Sports that they would use a picture of NE mountains. Definitely not NE, almost certain that's Utah's LaSalle Mtns.

Mea culpa. I know this, but have focused my continued efforts on other areas besides the cover photo. That one was stock and easy when I switched from a summer to winter photo.

I'll put aside my other work for the moment and search for a suitable (legally usable) replacement.