• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What has happened to Alpine Zone?

snoseek

Mea culpa. I know this, but have focused my continued efforts on other areas besides the cover photo. That one was stock and easy when I switched from a summer to winter photo.

I'll put aside my other work for the moment and search for a suitable (legally usable) replacement.

haha just rip the one from this site. It aint like he's gonna notice!

benski

Mea culpa. I know this, but have focused my continued efforts on other areas besides the cover photo. That one was stock and easy when I switched from a summer to winter photo.

I'll put aside my other work for the moment and search for a suitable (legally usable) replacement.

Are you the weatherman on NMS?

drjeff

If a bunch of us just became Beach Body coaching clients of Nick and his wife, I'm sure we could get him back around here from time to time! ;-)

Glad for them and their family that they've been successful in their coaching business!

Smellytele

If a bunch of us just became Beach Body coaching clients of Nick and his wife, I'm sure we could get him back around here from time to time! ;-)

Glad for them and their family that they've been successful in their coaching business!

Oh I thought they were selling Amway

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Need more young blood. Many of us have been on this board for YEARS and have asked/answered every skiing related question under the sun. The only discussions that drive current conversation are ownership of ski area X and what plans they have. Now that the Quiros EB-5 scandal has quieted down quite a bit, there has been even less discussion.
It is sad to see the board slowly withering away. However, the younger generation really isn't into message board posting. They have adopted newer forms of social media that are slowly killing message boards across the internet, not just AlpineZone.

abc

Everybody keep saying people are switching to FB and such. But message boards has a different format different from FB. I haven't seen any decent discussion on the few FB groups I'm in.

For bragging, FB is great.

For asking ONE single question a time, FB works too.

But for multiple discussion?

Glenn

Wasn't Nick's sister involved in the site at one point?

As long as the forum is up and running, I'll still check in. I always enjoy the weather reports, TRs and general ski area banter.

Sure,there are ways ways to improve. But I can't really get wrapped around the axle since this is a product I technically pay nothing for nor have any skin in the game so to speak.

Jully

Everybody keep saying people are switching to FB and such. But message boards has a different format different from FB. I haven't seen any decent discussion on the few FB groups I'm in.

I am decidedly in that younger generation and do NOT want to use FB for that. People on FB are incredibly annoying. The completely open format leads to that. Having an intelligent ski community is something I've found unique to ski forums only (and only certain forums at that...).

Reddit is another platform that the younger generation uses, but I hate its interface and the skiing discussions aren't great.

KustyTheKlown

isn't it just slow because its September? I know I started visiting here again and posting only about 2 weeks ago after not visiting at all june-present.

I like the crowd here, even if its a small one. y'all are knowledgable about eastern skiing and deals and I enjoy the banter in season very much. I would assume things will pick up over the next couple months, no?

dlague

I migrated away from FB. While I still have an account there and still use it, I find forums are better suited for these types of discussions. I do think that with the performance issues that people have migrated away from AZ. In addition, another Northeast forum has been launched, the traffic there is less than this site but many of the regulars that were here are now on the new site. Some are also on both. I have also sought out, other forums that have more traffic like Pugski which seems to have picked up a lot of the Epicski crowd.

benski

I am a junior in college. The only reason I am not ready to jump off Facebook is important ads I see for student organizations. I would much rather use other mediums.

KustyTheKlown

facebook has become super depressing for me in the past year (politics). but I keep it because it helps me keep track of events and its the only place I have years worth of photos stored.

SkiMom80

Need more young blood. Many of us have been on this board for YEARS and have asked/answered every skiing related question under the sun. The only discussions that drive current conversation are ownership of ski area X and what plans they have. Now that the Quiros EB-5 scandal has quieted down quite a bit, there has been even less discussion.
It is sad to see the board slowly withering away. However, the younger generation really isn't into message board posting. They have adopted newer forms of social media that are slowly killing message boards across the internet, not just AlpineZone.

I just found this site last year, and I've really enjoyed it, though I agree it seems to be slow...

yeggous

Are you the weatherman on NMS?

Yes. I changed the user name largely because of the new weather blog I'll be launching in the next couples of days. I've got plans, and have stubbed out the address:

http://www.***************************/weather/

skiNEwhere

Yep. Sorry folks. I think that Nick overstretched himself. For those that did not hear, he joined his wife's business and is focused on that. They also just moved to Florida and the "Northeast Mountain Sports" down there are limited to gator wrestling. The App is not working well. I know that some of the Mods have been trying to get him, but he has a lot on his plate not to mention a hurricane.

I am not posting as much either. Mainly because of the lower levels of traffic and that my connection to the NE weakens every day I am in the Intermountain West. It has been six years. Wow, where did the time go?

Ditto. I am guilty as well. Think this is the first time I've posted in at least 4 months. Kind of a chicken/egg scenario, although traffic has definitely died down slowly over time.

Everything I post IRT to the East Coast is pretty much in a nostalgic sense, and it seems like there is less and less to contribute over time.

I'd really hate to see this site go the way of the EpicSki....

yeggous

Yes. I changed the user name largely because of the new weather blog I'll be launching in the next couples of days. I've got plans, and have stubbed out the address:

http://www.***************************/weather/

First post is live. I hope you all enjoy and learn something in the process.

JimG.

Staff member
I hope Nick appreciates the still positive feedback that you all give here.

I don't like FB and prefer this type of forum. I like the crowd and feedback here. I think it's a shame it has been neglected lately.

It just struck me I have been around here since 2004; that's a long time. I don't surf around much and don't frequent other ski forums.

I hope the place survives.