• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who will open First?

First to Open?

• Loveland

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Arapahoe Basin

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Mammoth

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Killington

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Sunday River

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Some random ski area I've barely heard of

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jully

it's official - 12:24 pm 11/07/17--Its time to get this season started Killington fans. Killington Resort will open for Season Pass and Express Card holders only on Wednesday, November 8. No day tickets will be available on opening day.

Hopefully for all on Thursday

Real cute video they posted to go with it.

shwilly

Does a passholder day count for the sake of ss20's toes?

Great news. Let's get the season started!

slatham

My bet is K tomorrow (yes, Wednesday) for pass holders and Thursday for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to be boastful - I am usually wrong. But not in this case. K open for pass holders tomorrow.

The Sneak

Does a passholder day count for the sake of ss20's toes?

Great news. Let's get the season started!

holy crap - an actual good band posted on AZ!

Sorry - I'm still traumatized by my years at UMaine Farmington in the 90s, and the absolute shit music everybody loved (Phish, Dead, and worse)

FBGM

Killington will open with best product. And be packed and it should be. Race gate trail getting pounded like I would LV. Good on em for getting the pro gate bashers there so early in season. Rest will follow this weekend with marginal TTB. Mt Blow will have same thin spread TTB fan gun ribbon of death despite all the money thrown at so called improvements. Dentist Jeff will huff his dentist gass and say best mountain and product ever. NH skinareas will surprise all this weekend with better snow and terrain open thanks to colder temps. No one will go. Jell-O shots and jagerbombs for all jersey blownhards on turnpike Friday night!

Jcb890

Killington will open with best product. And be packed and it should be. Race gate trail getting pounded like I would LV. Good on em for getting the pro gate bashers there so early in season. Rest will follow this weekend with marginal TTB. Mt Blow will have same thin spread TTB fan gun ribbon of death despite all the money thrown at so called improvements. Dentist Jeff will huff his dentist gass and say best mountain and product ever. NH skinareas will surprise all this weekend with better snow and terrain open thanks to colder temps. No one will go. Jell-O shots and jagerbombs for all jersey blownhards on turnpike Friday night!
Is this a serious post?

Smellytele

Killington will open with best product - where you have to walk up and down a stair case to get to this product. Then more than half the trail will be taken up by race clubs needing to get on the slopes to do there early season drills. thinking NH sounds like the best bet from your description

Jcb890

This was my favorite part (bold).
Killington rulez!
Mount Snow droolz!

What is a skinarea? Is that like how truck stops are generally seen as homosexual hotspots?

Highway Star

Killington will be putting the majority of it's snowmaking on Superstar, which won't be open until after Thanksgiving weekend. Go somewhere else, it's going to suck.