• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who will open First?

First to Open?

• Loveland

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Arapahoe Basin

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Mammoth

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Killington

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Sunday River

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Some random ski area I've barely heard of

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

machski

I agree its odd. I wonder that since they lost the first to open crown to K, they are just going to hold off until Saturday or maybe Friday and open TTB. Then again I do not know what the snow situation on upper Locke - Midstation looks like, maybe tomorrow is not possible.
Midstation was still thin yesterday afternoon but looking at SR's shot of the day, Barker Basin filled in nicely overnight. Waiting til Saturday and just promising Locke. I'd bet on more.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

this is on SR snow report right now.
Keep your eye on the Mountain Report over the next few days for updates on lifts and trails. If things go according to plan, we will be skiing and riding top to bottom by Sunday. If things go perfectly, we could be there by Saturday!

Our snowmakers will be back on the hill overnight to continue blasting T2, Jim's Whim, Jungle Road, Ecstasy, Right Stuff and Sunday Punch from top to bottom. With the amount of snow our snowmakers have been producing, you can expect to see a few jib features in Barker Basin for opening weekend.

Edd

Just got an email:

Bretton Woods Powder Alert
Ski for FREE tomorrow!

Bretton Woods is excited to announce we will be open for the day tomorrow, November 10 from 1-4pm. You're invited to come take some runs for fun and help support Omni Hotels & Resorts' Say Goodnight to Hunger campaign.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Jully

Just got an email:

Bretton Woods Powder Alert
Ski for FREE tomorrow!

Bretton Woods is excited to announce we will be open for the day tomorrow, November 10 from 1-4pm. You're invited to come take some runs for fun and help support Omni Hotels & Resorts' Say Goodnight to Hunger campaign.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Pretty cool! Being the second to open is impressive given all the players in the race. Free lift ticket tomorrow with a canned good and only $25 all weekend is also really nice!