9 23.68%
  • Sunday River

3 7.89%
  • Some random ski area I've barely heard of

7 18.42%
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    ..........BTW this cold air is moving to the Northeast and I bet Killington goes for it next week as well as Sunday River.
    Let's hope the cold-to-warm air mass oscillations cease and desist here in the East(...in my dreams, I know), but those areas near the Divide look so nice.... Think I'll really enjoy the addition of the MaxPass...but I know what's gonna happen after just three days at one area with nice conditions...

Last edited by bigbog; Oct 13, 2017 at 1:34 AM.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Plus they made snow all day yesterday through Tuesday morning before day time get unfavorable. Hopefully that does the trick!

BTW this cold air is moving to the Northeast and I bet Killington goes for it next week as well as Sunday River.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    Unfortunately that NE cold shot has been fading on the models and is followed by another warm up. Better signals for a deeper and longer, snowmaking quality shot are circa 10/25 or so. Caveat is that it is a bit away, but its been consistent on the models for several days and other factors - MJO, Teleconnections, re-curving typhoon - have hinted at it for over a week. Biggest question is afterwards - does it go back to a warm pattern, normal, or do we get lucky and we're off to the races? Heck even "normal" and we're off to the races!
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Cold morning in the valleys today but summit of Mount Washington was 46 at 915am with SW winds. Even warmer at 4300' on auto road, 53!! Fall can be such a tease.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

I bet Killington blows Monday into Monday night and then again Tuesday. In previous years they'd wait till they saw a window where they'd be able to open but last year they blew in early October on the top half of North Ridge for a night when it was certain they wouldn't be able to open. I think with the World Cup they're just going to blow whenever it's cold enough and hope it doesn't all melt away before the next cold spell.
    2017-2018 1 Day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I bet Killington blows Monday into Monday night and then again Tuesday. In previous years they'd wait till they saw a window where they'd be able to open but last year they blew in early October on the top half of North Ridge for a night when it was certain they wouldn't be able to open. I think with the World Cup they're just going to blow whenever it's cold enough and hope it doesn't all melt away before the next cold spell.
    Seeing temps in the 40's for Monday and Tuesday during the day at about 3600 ft. Monday night they could blow.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    My thoughts as well. Definitely blow anytime they can on Superstar (assuming it is more than like a 30 minute window lol). I think they might hold off on North Ridge though. Last year they had a prolonged test in mid-October because they wanted to see if they could blow on the ridge and on SS at the same time (at least that is what I heard).

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Since they are committed to the World Cup, I think they will blow at any chance they get.

Killington will have Monday night (one night) to blow and then the rest of the week is too warm even at night.

A Basin now. Any longer line and there's no skiing. Just line

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    A Basin now. Any longer line and there's no skiing. Just line

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Is that from today?

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information