Ski Magazine 2017-18 Eastern Resort Rankings - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Can you really consider MRG a resort?
    Same could be said of Wildcat as well as Cannon, though now that the Mittersill connection if pretty well finished one could call Cannon a resort again.


  2. #12
    This list is BS. Mount Snow ahead of so many like Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak and Cannon as well as others.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  3. #13
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    What don't you like about the lifts? Nearly all HSQ aren't they?
    Yes, but not enough capacity for the weekend crowds. Most of HSQ's need to be upgraded to HSS. The Duncan HSQ is the second oldest one they have and is a freezer, that needs to be a bubble. The North side also needs the triple from Midway up increased to a HSQ to alleviate congestion on the Duncan.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

  4. #14
    So.....Bretton Woods ranks higher that Killington

    Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  5. #15
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Yes, but not enough capacity for the weekend crowds. Most of HSQ's need to be upgraded to HSS. The Duncan HSQ is the second oldest one they have and is a freezer, that needs to be a bubble. The North side also needs the triple from Midway up increased to a HSQ to alleviate congestion on the Duncan.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I've heard the weekend crowds there are insane. Seen a few pics too. I skied a few weekend days at MSA and it was insane there too.

    I get 5 days at Tremblant on my MAX so I'm thinking a weekday trip for 3-4 days to check it out.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    This list is BS. Mount Snow ahead of so many like Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak and Cannon as well as others.
    Just keep in mind this is all based on reader submitted surveys...so take the results with a grain of salt as always.

  7. #17
    When they don't even include Magic in the original survey ya just have to throw out all the results


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    When they don't even include Magic in the original survey ya just have to throw out all the results


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    And isn't that ok? You don't want lemmings do you? Throwback, authentic, real, old school, classic, Vermont skiing. Mag rankings just don't get that.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    This list is BS. Mount Snow ahead of so many like Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak and Cannon as well as others.
    This list?

    Can you point me to a ski resort "list" that isn't BS? They're all horrible. They're "more horrible" in the dawn of the internet era when he or she who gets the biggest social media campaign going wins.

    And yes, Mount Snow being ranked above ANY ski resort in northern Vermont is a LOL-inducing moment.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post


    8. Stowe
    Wow, people really hate Vail.

    Stowe at #8 may as well be #78.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:13 PM.