• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Please help me find a boot bag to purchase

swampwiz

OK, my situation is that I have nice small-but-big-enough trapezoidal shaped (I think) boot bag that is on its last legs, so I need to get a replacement. I bought it several years ago in Bulgaria, and the name on it says "Brugi". which means it is a cheap Chinese no-name, but it's been wonderful. Most notably, it is not too big, do I can fold it down and put into the notebook computer compartment of my book bag (i.e., that is sized for a 16" notebook. I should say that my standard operating procedure is to go to the ski resort wearing some of my clothes, hiking shoes, and carrying the boots my ski/poles by themselves but also the boots in their bag, and that bookbag for some of my clothes and other stuff; at the ski resort I put on the clothes that had been in my bookbag, and put my hiking shoes in the regular compartment of the bookbag, and most importantly, I fold down the boot bag and put that in the notebook compartment, and thus all I have left over is my bookbag, which I just carry on my back the whole day.

OK, so this "Brugi" bag looks to have the dimensions as 36 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm (at the base; it gets expanded when both boots are in it), and fits wonderfully in the bookbag. Also important is that it has a zipper along the sides of the back, in a U shape, and NOT with simply the zipper going down the middle. Looking around, I have identified a bag, the Salmon Extend Gearbag Ski Boot Bag 2018 http://www.skis.com/Salomon-Extend-Gearbag-Ski-Boot-Bag/446408P,default,pd.html, which is listed at 38 cm x 38 cm x 23 cm, and thus a little bigger, but otherwise very close to what I have. So I guess what I am saying is where I can find a slightly smaller version of this bag?

Thanks
Merci
Danke
Garzie
спасибо

Rushski

Does Transpack have anything that size. Too lazy to do the metric to US conversions :p.

swampwiz

They only have boot bags with room for a helmet, which makes it too big.