Sunday River condos & weather late March

AlpineZone

Sunday River condos & weather late March

Hi all,

Planning a trip that would be approx March 30th-April 6th, give or take a day or so. Basically Easter weekend and/or the week following, which is spring break for many high schools.
    I'd like to do Sunday River, are the snow conditions generally reliable that time of year, or should I be looking to go out west to avoid spring slush?
    At Sunday River, I am looking for the best ski in ski out condo rental. Looks to me like the Fall Line condos have a lot of true, actual slopeside condos with almost no walking to get from the trail to our condo. Or are there other condos that are in a better location?
    Thanks!

the snow could be awesome or the snow could be terrible. it's april in the east and you're asking in october.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by melodyb75 View Post
    Hi all,

Planning a trip that would be approx March 30th-April 6th, give or take a day or so. Basically Easter weekend and/or the week following, which is spring break for many high schools.
    I'd like to do Sunday River, are the snow conditions generally reliable that time of year, or should I be looking to go out west to avoid spring slush?
    At Sunday River, I am looking for the best ski in ski out condo rental. Looks to me like the Fall Line condos have a lot of true, actual slopeside condos with almost no walking to get from the trail to our condo. Or are there other condos that are in a better location?
    Thanks!
    Fall line is ski in-out, North peak condos also. South Ridge townhouses have a trail right behind them, but the snow can be iffy over by there in that time frame. Sunday River no longer handles the condos, so you will need to look either privately, or contact Mountain Real Estate or another real estate co in the area. Mountain does handle rentals. Ask for Susan, a most pleasant gal who will walk you through what you want to know. She has been at Sunday River in one form or another for 15-20 years. I bought my townhouse through her. No. I do not rent it out.
    Last edited by Dickc; Oct 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM.

Hi all,

Thanks!
    Fall line is a great location. SR is doing 20%off all bookings before Oct 3 on their website. This past April you would have been fine, the year before not so much. Just pay attention to your cancellation policy
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Yup, also realize after Easter Weekend, the mountain often starts closing down the western end at least mid week (they may reopen Jordan/Oz the weekend of the 7th depending on conditions). If you are looking for 1 bed condos, Fall Line, Cascade and Sunrise are probably most optimum slopeside that time of year. Brookside can be good too, but that depends on the operating lift plans. 2 beds North Peak best with Brookside second, again depending on lift operating plan.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Items for Sale
    Hi all,

Thanks!
    IF conditions are on the too-soft side...and you're dying to ski....many take off for Sugarloaf...where the snow is usually a little drier due to slightly cooler temps all day & night, as well as being a northerly-facing mtn. Usually great pp in late winter until mgmnt curtails all lift-served, but even then plenty of people who can skin up do so....and get some good stretches.
    Fwiw....
    Last edited by bigbog; Oct 1, 2017 at 5:22 PM.
    SteveD

I owned in Fall line for 9 years. I think the location is great. On weekends the snow may get a bit beat up if it is warm in the afternoon. Mid week it should hold up well with limed Traffic on the trails. Love this time of year. Barker deck is a favorite in the Spring. Aurora and Jordan are fantastic in the spring. Snow holds better there usually.

Skiing is my addiction.

Thread Information