• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Military Deals and Discounts

LItoCOtoMA

Hi everyone, new to the site. I have been working on some stuff for myself (active duty AF) and I thought it would be good to post out to the public. Below is what I could gather about deals/discounts for 2017/2018 specifically geared to military in New England. (All info was pulled from mountains' websites, please verify on your own before going out there. Please note some mountains only offer deals for Active Duty vs. Retired/NG/Reserve/Separated and there is wide variation for dependents/families). Thanks.

Free Lift Ticket Any Day
- Mad River Glen
- Burke Mountain

Free Lift Ticket Military Days
- Attitash/Wildcat: 27-28 Jan (published)
- Stowe: 28 Jan, 25 Feb, 25 Mar (anticipated, for the past few years the last Sunday in Jan, Feb, and Mar have been free lift ticket days for military, not published yet)
- Killington/Pico: 11 Nov, 28 May(published) for Veterans Day/Memorial Day if Open

Special Military Discount Days
- Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Loon: ? (anticipated, for the past few years SL, SR, and Loon all offered $65 a ticket on 5 random Sundays during the season, not published yet)

Regular Military Deals (most expensive to cheapest w/ discount)
-Sunday River: Normal weekday/weekend $89/$109 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $79/$95
-Killington: Normal weekday/weekend $115/$115 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $86.25/$86.25
-Mount Snow: Normal weekday/weekend $96/$96 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $86/$86
-Loon: Normal weekday/weekend $86/$96 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $76/$86
-Sugarloaf: Normal weekday/weekend $95/$95 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $85/$85
-Okemo: Normal weekday/weekend/holiday $90/$101/$101 vs. Mil weekday/weekend/holiday $61/$81/$88
-Waterville Valley: Normal weekday/weekend $89/$109 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $79/$95
-Smuggler's Notch: Normal weekday/weekend/holiday $76/$76/$80 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $39/$76/$80
-Bretton Woods: Normal weekday/weekend $79/$89vs. Mil weekday/weekend $63/$73
-Wildcat: weekday/weekend $79/$85 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $47/$64
-Attitash: weekday/weekend $79/$85 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $47/$64
-Whiteface: Normal weekday/weekend $94/$94 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $61.10/$61.10
-Cranmore: Normal weekday/weekend $75/$75 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $60/$60
-Pico: Normal weekday/weekend $79/$79 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $39.50/$59.25
-Gore: Normal weekday/weekend $78/$86 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $50.70/$55.90
-Cannon: Normal weekday/weekend $75/$75 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $55/$55
-Sugarbush: Normal weekday/weekend $97/$99 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $48.50/$49.50
-Belleayre: Normal weekday/weekend $54/$66 vs. Mil weekday/weekend $35.10/$42.90
-Bolton Valley: Normal weekday/weekend $54/64$ vs. Mil weekday/weekend $27/$32

Mountains Waiting for 2017/2018 rate
-Windham, Stowe, Stratton, Sunapee

I just wanted to say thanks to all the other military members out there, and thanks to those mountains that are providing the discount! I am sure I missed a few mountains (or made a few typos) so feel free to update!

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

I know in the past killington has been free to veterans and active duty on veterans day. its usually my first day on snow each year since I get bank holidays off. I'm not military.

KustyTheKlown

yep its a Saturday this year but I just confirmed that I can take a floating holiday any day in November or December for it, so i'll shoot to start my season around 11/11 if possible. lets go k, blow them guns.

powhunter

As long as you have a DD214 you can get the Killington Perks

Thanks for the rundown on the other moutains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Veterans Day and Memorial Day at Killington have been thoroughly covered but what is not mentioned Military including Veterans get a free Express Card for season long discounts.

Also

Cannon Mountain.
Valid for US Active Duty, Retired Military, Reserve and Veteran members of all branches

$385 Season Pass out of state

$289 Season Pass for NH Residents

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

LItoCOtoMA

Veterans Day and Memorial Day at Killington have been thoroughly covered but what is not mentioned Military including Veterans get a free Express Card for season long discounts.

Also

Cannon Mountain.
Valid for US Active Duty, Retired Military, Reserve and Veteran members of all branches

$385 Season Pass out of state

$289 Season Pass for NH Residents

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

You're Correct! For Killington, the price listed in the original post is using the price for a lift ticket using the Express Card less the fee for purchasing the express Card (bc it's free).

***There are a lot of idiosyncrasies for each mountain. Rather than get lost in the details I tried to highlight the bottom line costs. But you are absolutely correct