Mounting a Binding location. - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Surprised someone at Lib hasn’t replied. The Ramp skis I mounted w the Griffons had clear explanation of multiple mount lines re usage - customer told me where they wanted them. To ramble-on.....sweet spot = neutral/one ski quiver; forward - freestyle/ride oriented; back - float oriented. If me - I’d call Lib.

So whats the deal with these skis? Anybody ski on the skis with a serrated edge?

Quote Originally Posted by 56fish View Post
    http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
    http://www.slidewright.com/paper-ski-binding-templates/

Printer scaling important. Proper bits w/stops. Unless you love diy....shop mount worth the $.
    Wow that is ALOT of work, and hoping you have everything 100%. Im much rather using the proper jigs!
    LIke I posted before, I dont enjoy, but dont mind mounting up connected heal/toe touring setups like the Duke/F12 since they come with the factory paper template that is 100% scaled and no adjusting for boot length.

Thanks for those links though. Good to have the option just in case for the right binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Pretty sure Hawkshot owns a shop.
    Do not own, but have many years of management, and more overall. have mounted/adjusted many thousands of setups over the years, at least 100+ in the past 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by adkron View Post
    Thanks, actually I have been mounting my own bindings for 50 years. I have a Marker jig and drill bits designed for mounting bindings. I asked EVO where to put the binding and the rep. did not know which surprised me. I also emailed Lib and they have not answered my letter. There are lines before and after the sweet spot line. Compared to my other skis that have a boot center line. The sweet spot line looks pretty forward. My skiing buddy is a PSIA instructor and does his own mountain also. He told me about the Wreckcreate 100 and is going to order a pair for himself.
    Thanks again,
    adkron
    The "sweet spot" is basically the factory recommended mount location. The lines forward and backward from that are alternative mounting spots. These are much more popular on all mtn twin tips, but they do exist on others.
    Typically mounting backward will benefit for powder skiing to move your weight back and keep tips up. Moving forward a tad quicker turning, or if a twin tip equaling out the forward/rear length for skiing switch.

I personally mount all of my skis with multiple mounting locations at the factory mount location. After all the engineers who designed the skis have a lot more testing into the skis for proper location vs. me thinking I know better.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    So whats the deal with these skis? Anybody ski on the skis with a serrated edge?
    The design has been around a while in the snowboard world. Anything from Mervin Manufacturing GNU, Lib-Tech, and previously Rossi use a "serrated edge". Basically it gives you more points of contact on a board rather than just your 2 contact points just outside the feet. Also works well for park riders who like to round off their edges for rail slides so they can still have some edge bite, but not catch their edges on rails.
    I have never used or spoken to anyone who has used a Lib Tech ski to get their opinion.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Thread Information