Mounting a Binding location.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mounting a Binding location.

Hi,
    I recently purchased a pair of Wreckcreate 100 Skis. I plan to mount a Marker Griffon binding on them. I do not know where to put the center line of my boot for mounting. The skis do have lines on them for mounting. Do I put the boot center on the line called Sweet Spot for standard mounting? My boot length is 348 mm.
    Thanks for your help,
    adkron

Sounds like you have never mounted/drilled a ski before. Yes the center line on the boot needs to line up with the sweet spot line.
    Good luck getting all the holes drilled in the right spots and straight...

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

Found templates online. Caution still required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    And not too deep!
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Have a shop do it. It'll pay of in dividends to have them mounted and adjusted correctly. Don't skimp in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by 56fish View Post
    Found templates online. Caution still required.
    I have free mounted skis with no jig before with no jig/template. But they were bindings that the heal came attached to the track, not require mounting the track then sliding on the heal.
    I have never looked online for paper jigs as I have access to the real ones. I do use the paper jigs for touring bindings but they only mount in exact spots. The jig like a Griffin has a big slide based off the sole length. How would a paper jig work for that?
    And that's not even getting into proper drill bits....3.5x9mm by the way.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

I have free mounted skis with no jig before with no jig/template. But they were bindings that the heal came attached to the track, not require mounting the track then sliding on the heal.
    I have never looked online for paper jigs as I have access to the real ones. I do use the paper jigs for touring bindings but they only mount in exact spots. The jig like a Griffin has a big slide based off the sole length. How would a paper jig work for that?
    And that's not even getting into proper drill bits....3.5x9mm by the way.

http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
    http://www.slidewright.com/paper-ski-binding-templates/

Printer scaling important. Proper bits w/stops. Unless you love diy....shop mount worth the $.

Quote Originally Posted by 56fish View Post
    http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
    http://www.slidewright.com/paper-ski-binding-templates/

Printer scaling important. Proper bits w/stops. Unless you love diy....shop mount worth the $.
    Pretty sure Hawkshot owns a shop. I used to work in a shop in the early 80's ...Been a while but if we would get a pair of skis that didn't have markings we would use a rule of thumb . Measure snow contact length divide in half and put the ball of the foot would go on that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Pretty sure Hawkshot owns a shop. I used to work in a shop in the early 80's ...
    Me, too. Owner since '90-'08, '15-?; in a shop somewhere - '76. Always backroom. Used one of the Griffin templates last season. Biggest worry, printer output vs real thing. Time-consuming work to be comfortable with result.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Measure snow contact length divide in half and put the ball of the foot would go on that spot.

Used that a lot...starting in '76...mannequin-waisted skis only went in 1 direction, pretty much on piste/ground

Sounds like you have never mounted/drilled a ski before. Yes the center line on the boot needs to line up with the sweet spot line.

Thanks, actually I have been mounting my own bindings for 50 years. I have a Marker jig and drill bits designed for mounting bindings. I asked EVO where to put the binding and the rep. did not know which surprised me. I also emailed Lib and they have not answered my letter. There are lines before and after the sweet spot line. Compared to my other skis that have a boot center line. The sweet spot line looks pretty forward. My skiing buddy is a PSIA instructor and does his own mountain also. He told me about the Wreckcreate 100 and is going to order a pair for himself.
    Thanks again,
    adkron

Thread Information