• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Baby's Got New Skis

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well, going to Utah and things seem to be falling into place just right. Got home from work, sit on my computer and see that SteepandCheap has K2 Phat Luvs for sale. Nice powder ski for my wife and they have her size. I ask her if she's interested and she states that we'd never get them in time, we're leaving for Utah this Thursday. So, being the good husband I am, I decide to check how much shipping is for next day delivery. You need to choose the buy option to do this. Well, as I'm doing it my sister calls, distracts me and I buy the skis by mistake :smile: . Next I decide to call Steepandcheap to see if we can change the delivery option so as to get them in time for our flight. They tell me that the two day option may get them here by Wednesday if they are shipped tonight, but he couldn't guarentee that. Then a light goes off in my head, I realize that they are located in Salt Lake City. I ask if I can pick them up there, no problem. Now my wife has a pair of powder skis waiting for her in SLC the day we land! Now just need bindings and powder. Life is good.

ajl50

nicely done. Where are you going in Utah? Alta just picked up 13 and is looking at WAY more thurs-sunday. So you should have some sweet skiing. Make sure to post some pictures.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
nicely done. Where are you going in Utah? Alta just picked up 13 and is looking at WAY more thurs-sunday. So you should have some sweet skiing. Make sure to post some pictures.

We're staying in Sandy, so majority of our skiing will be in Alta, Snowbird, and Solitude. But also planning on checking out Snowbasin and possibly Powder Mountain. Reports will come as we ski, pics may have to wait til we get back. Video, by 2007/2008 :)

bvibert

Staff member
My wife saw those and really wanted them too. I told her I didn't think they were the best ski for a low intermediate on eastern hard-pack... ;)

Nice looking ski though, let us know how your wife likes them out in the powder!

SkiDog

nice ill be there the 2nd through the 6 interviewing...ill try to get out one day for sure....Alta I think...

M

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
nice ill be there the 2nd through the 6 interviewing...ill try to get out one day for sure....Alta I think...

M

Gee, we couldn't get together in Jersey during the summer. And couldn't do Pico this past Sunday, maybe we could get together in Utah :) 2nd and 3rd I should be in Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. Give a call if you can make it either day to ski. The 3rd we'll be flying out, so we can only ski until about noon.

Have fun in Utah, andyzee and regards to ms. andyzee. Congrats on the new acquisition! Will expect TRs and pics from Utah.

Thanks, will do.

SkiDog

Gee, we couldn't get together in Jersey during the summer. And couldn't do Pico this past Sunday, maybe we could get together in Utah :) 2nd and 3rd I should be in Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. Give a call if you can make it either day to ski. The 3rd we'll be flying out, so we can only ski until about noon.

Thanks, will do.

Wouldnt that be funny??? I don't know if ill be able to ski, but im hoping..this is more of an interview trip for me...gotta land a job to move..

M

gores95

Was out in SLC for the very first time 2/2-2/6. Skied Deer Valley, Snowbasin, Alta, Bird and Solitude. Conditions (unfortunately for ME) were much different than they are now. You are hitting it at the perfect time. We had warm temps, borderline icy conditions in spots and no new snow but still had an absolute blast! Sunny and warm it was spring skiing in Feb for me. Stayed in Cottonwood Heights in the Residence Inn. Even with less than ideal conditions we were still in heaven!

I would hit Snowbasin, skip Powder and try a Park City resort. Alta was my fav and the Big/Little CC's are amazing.

Buy your lift tix at Canyon Sports for nice discounts: http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

You prolly know this but this forum is great for SLC info: http://forums.epicski.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=21

Let me know if you have specific questions. Have fun!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Was out in SLC for the very first time 2/2-2/6. Skied Deer Valley, Snowbasin, Alta, Bird and Solitude. Conditions (unfortunately for ME) were much different than they are now. You are hitting it at the perfect time. We had warm temps, borderline icy conditions in spots and no new snow but still had an absolute blast! Sunny and warm it was spring skiing in Feb for me. Stayed in Cottonwood Heights in the Residence Inn. Even with less than ideal conditions we were still in heaven!

I would hit Snowbasin, skip Powder and try a Park City resort. Alta was my fav and the Big/Little CC's are amazing.

Buy your lift tix at Canyon Sports for nice discounts: http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

You prolly know this but this forum is great for SLC info: http://forums.epicski.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=21

Let me know if you have specific questions. Have fun!
Hey thanks, we're doing ok, this is our second trip to Utah so we know our way around. Snow has been so plentiful that today I ran out an purchased a pair of K2 Apache Chiefs. Got jealous watching the wife skimming the pow :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
How'd you work the bindings out?

Purchased the binding there as well, they were Rossis, forget the model, but the price was $99. Had to purchase wide brakes to go with them, $35. The skis themselves were $340. With tax, grand total was about $500. The skis themselves retail for $700. Love Backcountry/Steepandcheap. Great prices, excellent service.