• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RSS in NY not Good idea to enjoy Mary thir

ScottySkis

I got in trouble just saying guess it be the last time Iuse. Your fully legal. No regrets though.

Edd

Had to Google because curiosity was killing me. I’m guessing RSS refers to Rehabilitation Support Services, a substance abuse treatment place. This does indeed sound like an inappropriate venue to toke up. So, he utilized their services and doesn’t regret doing so?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Had to Google because curiosity was killing me. I’m guessing RSS refers to Rehabilitation Support Services, a substance abuse treatment place. This does indeed sound like an inappropriate venue to toke up. So, he utilized their services and doesn’t regret doing so?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Would explain a lot!

bdfreetuna

Scotty from what I can discern it sounds like you got a DUI or some kind of minor drug offense that landed you in rehab.

Do what you gotta do, play by the rules. I'm not going to judge cannabis use one way or the other -- but weed shouldn't be addictive enough that you smoke it at rehab and get busted.

Taking a break never killed anybody!

JimG.

Staff member
From most of Scottys posts, I dont think he uses it for medicinal purposes....

I know Scotty pretty well and in his case MJ does help him health wise. Won't go further than that.

He would benefit greatly by moving to a state where it is legal. Putting a person into rehab for MJ use when there is a raging opioid crisis all over this country because of profit driven over-prescription of that poison encouraged by the pharmaceutical cartels and their dealers is ridiculous.

Something is wrong with this picture. Heroin (opioid) users are considered to have a disease and get whatever help they need including healthcare and overdose intervention no matter how many times they overdose. I just read today that a major pharma chain will soon stock Narcan. Oh, and there is always a ready supply of more poison whenever addicts want it.

MJ gets you rehab and/or jail time (no, Scotty never went to jail). Nice.

Last edited:

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I know Scotty pretty well and in his case MJ does help him health wise. Won't go further than that.

He would benefit greatly by moving to a state where it is legal. Putting a person into rehab for MJ use when there is a raging opioid crisis all over this country because of profit driven over-prescription of that poison encouraged by the pharmaceutical cartels and their dealers is ridiculous.

Something is wrong with this picture. Heroin (opioid) users are considered to have a disease and get whatever help they need including healthcare and overdose intervention no matter how many times they overdose. I just read today that a major pharma chain will soon stock Narcan. Oh, and there is always a ready supply of more poison whenever addicts want it.

MJ gets you rehab and/or jail time (no, Scotty never went to jail). Nice.

Sorry about that. Just legalize already!

JimG.

Staff member
Scotty from what I can discern it sounds like you got a DUI or some kind of minor drug offense that landed you in rehab.

Do what you gotta do, play by the rules. I'm not going to judge cannabis use one way or the other -- but weed shouldn't be addictive enough that you smoke it at rehab and get busted.

Taking a break never killed anybody!

This is my advice to Scotty as well. BTW, there was no DUI or drug offense involved in Scotty's case.

mriceyman

Hey move to jersey.. were about to make medical alot easier to get.. have anxiety? Toke away

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Hey move to jersey.. were about to make medical alot easier to get.. have anxiety? Toke away

That’s surprising. The governor has often struck me as an anti-pot advocate. The other day he publicly stated a statistic. Something like people are 2.5 times more likely to become addicted to opioids if they’re weed smokers.

Cornhead

How ironic that Scotty is being punished for using what he probably should've been prescribed in the first place. Meanwhile he's being given expensive, addictive, unnatural, pharmaceuticals for treatment. The whole system is f'd up. Look at what the over prescribing of pharmaceutical opioids has wraught.

As far as recreational use, the fact that alcohol is legal, and highly advertised to boot, and marijuana is mostly illegal, is just insane. Marijuana​ is an infinitely safer drug to those who use, and more importantly, those who don't, than alcohol. At least the tide is changing.

I still feel bad for CTTDOAS,[emoji6]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app