Butternut-Otis-Blandford- a threat to other "Flatland" hills? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    It was not bought to eliminate competition.
    So Jiminy bought Brodie without doing the proper due diligence about how much it would cost to run it properly?

And then after only a couple seasons sold the property to Silverleaf Resorts and the deal “stipulates that there will never be any public skiing or boarding at Brodie”. (Source: http://www.iberkshires.com/story/152...lory-days.html)

Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    So Jiminy bought Brodie without doing the proper due diligence about how much it would cost to run it properly?

And then after only a couple seasons sold the property to Silverleaf Resorts and the deal “stipulates that there will never be any public skiing or boarding at Brodie”. (Source: http://www.iberkshires.com/story/152...lory-days.html)

Not impressed.
    Ditto. This quote is really f'd up!!!! “stipulates that there will never be any public skiing or boarding at Brodie”

That hurts.
    2017-2018 1 Day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    +1 a true shame, but agreed it was not Jimimy's intention to shut it down. They kept it afloat for a few years too IIRC.
    I believe 3 yrs as a ski mtn, 1 or 2 as a tubing hill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Never skied Jiminy or Brodie. Opinions vary, but I've often heard Brodie had the better terrain. What do you folks think?

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Never skied Jiminy or Brodie. Opinions vary, but I've often heard Brodie had the better terrain. What do you folks think?

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I would say Brodie has more character on its trails(narrow and windier), but Jiminy is far steeper.
    I have been to Brodie many, many times, but all after they closed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    I remember Brodie having double fall lines on most of its trails.

I've skied all three back in the day on the race circuit...this goes way back.

Personally, it's good to see the smaller feeder hills surviving. Skiing is such an expensive sport, people have to start somewhere. If you only have $100+ weekend rates mountains, the survival of this recreational activity becomes questionable.

The corporate ski giant that is Butternut-Otis-Blanford is definitely a threat to the Southern Berkshires ski industry.... They won't be happy till they control the whole "Ski Rt 23 Corridor". Poor old Catamount must be scared shitless by this latest development.

MountainStats1.jpg

Catamount - Home of the double diamond trail - Catapult the steepest trail in the Berkshires....... according to Catamount.

Catamount has the best terrain in this part of the state(s). Catapult has some true steeps and usually very good coverage due to their snowmaking power. $20 online midweek tix are hard to pass up!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    Catamount has the best terrain in this part of the state(s). Catapult has some true steeps and usually very good coverage due to their snowmaking power. $20 online midweek tix are hard to pass up!
    Yep. I love Catamount. Never busy. Actual trail variety. Multiple ways down that are all on different fall lines. Most importantly they don't groom everything. Catapult's been groomed more and more often but Off Stage is still bumped up always, same as the skiers right of the Glade trail.
    2017-2018 1 Day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thread Information