• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 2/19/07

kingslug

Took a chance with the crowds today...and they never showed. Very cold, -18 at the top with a lot of wind. Pretty much sampled everything. Most where pretty wind scowered but not to the base, very fast and grippy, no pow left of course. They mowed down Racers, a nice fast run now. Moguls everywhere else. Eisenhower, Broadway, Minya, upper Xover, Lower K 27, all great shape. The Belt and Wayout where windblasted cement. Checked out Clair's from the chair and it was empty, except for several yardsalers doing the slide for life. very windblasted and shiny. Not my thing. Now Annapurna was a different story. Bumped up all the way down and in great shape. Once you get past the upper part it got a little mellower and i could finaly get a line going. Me and several boarders then collapsed at the end for some R&R. Lower K-27 was real nice. My wife even hit it 3X. Done by 2:30 to beat the traffic..which we didn't. Going to be some very good spring skiing here coming up.