Early Season Snowmaking 2017 - Page 7

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Who will be open by early next week? (you can choose multiple)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killington

28 84.85%
  • Sunday River

28 84.85%
  • Sugarloaf

7 21.21%
  • Okemo

10 30.30%
  • Loon

7 21.21%
  • Jay

4 12.12%
  • Bretton Woods

12 36.36%
  • Mount Snow

16 48.48%
  • Jiminy Peak

5 15.15%
  • Wildcat

14 42.42%
  • Woodbury

4 12.12%
  • Another hill that doesn't usually partake in early season action

3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Just go, man...
    dumb-and-dumber-quotes-15.jpg

2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Sugarloaf in the game now too.

Superquad spinning on Sunday (Tote Road only.)

It's a good time to be alive!
    2017-2018 - 1 - Okemo (11/12)
    2016-2017 - 20
    2015-2016 - 8
    2014-2015 - 10
    2013-2014 - 21
    2012-2013 - 12ish
    2011-2012 - 12
    2010-2011 - 20
    2009-2010 - 23
    2008-2009 - 30
    2007-2008 - 35

Killington not loosing temps at least up top. Currently pounding great northern loop off K1 into glades and upper east fall. Looks like most of Superstar too. NECN is camped at top of Triple.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Sunday River waiting til Saturday. Promising Locke but bet Barker runs as well with multiple options.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Sunday River waiting til Saturday. Promising Locke but bet Barker runs as well with multiple options.

Sugarloaf on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Sugarloaf on Sunday...
    Yes indeed, now will Loon join the Boyne east party?

Killington finally making snow on Great Northern...still not below the North Ridge Triple yet...

Something is definitely fishy...I'm not a conspirator but Killington insisted that Superstar snowmaking would not affect general public skiing, but they have not blown top-to-bottom yet while they certainly could've last night and the night before. Now Great Northern is coming online as the fan guns on Superstar are coming off. There's definitely maxing out something in the system...presumably water.

Killington is going to make a mockery of its self if people are still huffing up those stairs while JIMINY PEAK in MASSACHUSETTS could get open top-to-bottom this weekend.
    2017-2018 1 Day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Killington finally making snow on Great Northern...still not below the North Ridge Triple yet...

Something is definitely fishy...I'm not a conspirator but Killington insisted that Superstar snowmaking would not affect general public skiing, but they have not blown top-to-bottom yet while they certainly could've last night and the night before. Now Great Northern is coming online as the fan guns on Superstar are coming off. There's definitely maxing out something in the system...presumably water.

Killington is going to make a mockery of its self if people are still huffing up those stairs while JIMINY PEAK in MASSACHUSETTS could get open top-to-bottom this weekend.
    The amount of Water they are putting into Superstar, might be the limiting factor, not the air. Have you seen how many guns are going on that!

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    The amount of Water they are putting into Superstar, might be the limiting factor, not the air. Have you seen how many guns are going on that!
    None of that is true. There was an inversion this morning. Skyeship base was 23 but KBL was 31. Yes they were making the entire SS, but to shoot at those temps on bare ground wouldn't have done much. Lower SS is now offline due to temps.
    Since the staircase, Killington has always planned to firm up too first and then and only then, move down to the base. This plan was in place long before WC came and they have not changed. They push the earliest out of anyone, I cannot fault them for being a bit more conservative with the expansion away from the peak. If the deep cold snap coming was going to be of longer duration maybe, but it is relatively short then back to seasonable or slightly above for first half of next week at least. We'll see how everyone rides out after the weekend.

It's too bad Mt. Snow doesn't have the Carinthia cam online. Wonder if they are blowing snow over there? It's a lot of fun to ski that side of the mountain before they build up the park.

Thread Information