• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Early Season Snowmaking 2017

Who will be open by early next week? (you can choose multiple)

• Killington

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Sunday River

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Sugarloaf

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Okemo

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Loon

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Bretton Woods

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mount Snow

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Jiminy Peak

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Wildcat

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Woodbury

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Another hill that doesn't usually partake in early season action

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

slatham

Opened this morning with 7 top-to-bottom trails across 100 acres with more slated to open this weekend! We've got most open terrain East of the Rockies!

Nice job for sure. If this weather holds it'll be a great start to the season for everyone.

Jully

Nice! Looks like they've been hammering for some time now based on their webcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember being real impressed by Stratton last year for blowing a bunch of trails top to bottom. Same deal this year!

drjeff

Nice job for sure. If this weather holds it'll be a great start to the season for everyone.
As of 7PM tonight, it's currently 21 degrees, with clear skies, and basically no wind at my place across route 100 from Mount Snow. Grilling steaks on the back deck with the sounds of fan guns humming away across the valley!! Tomorrow's going to be a GOOD first day for me!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

The snow is very dry compared to the man made snow I’m used to, I cannot wait to do a few run in the morning before heading home.

It was really good! I can only imagine how tomorrow will be too

How did crowds end up being? Anyone at K too? Longest I had to wait at Wildcat today was 2 chairs, but that was more or less expected. I wonder if the cold is actually keeping people away.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
5820DFDA-C2B6-49A5-9498-99F1D746FB43.jpg
Cruising past the Fish Hatchery in Allentown spotted someone’s local effort. Nice manicured Walnut tree grove, often thought about a quick poach of their 100’ vert.

Jully

Gonna take a ride up at lunch and see what they're running for guns. I see Indian summer and conifer on the webcam. Have to imagine Challenger and Ralph's are going to. They could have double the terrain that Killington has.

Final count is 27 acres for Wa and 17 for K haha. Not double, but WaWa has Conifer open off the summit. K's surface is probabky better though and the terrain a touch more interesting. No walking at Wa though haha.

MEtoVTSkier

Final count is 27 acres for Wa and 17 for K haha. Not double, but WaWa has Conifer open off the summit. K's surface is probabky better though and the terrain a touch more interesting. No walking at Wa though haha.

Not to mention much less of a drive for most?

Zand

Unfortunately Minuteman decided it didn't want to run so no Challenger for now. Just Conifer, Indian Summer, and Ollies. I'd consider Conifer more interesting than Rime and Reason by a little bit. Longer and more turns/drops. Oh well I'm sure Killington will go nuts once the World Cup preparation is done.

skiur

Lots of shit talked about K but they go ttb Sunday afternoon, on top of the shitload of snow blown on SS.

MEtoVTSkier

Rime/Reason a traverse, Mousetrap, Lower Bunny. Better than nothing, but still nowhere near what the competition is offering. At least it takes the stairs out of the equation if the weather holds. You could see how many cars were parked at K-1 from the Peak Cam yesterday and today. Not an overwhelming crowd by any means. Hopefully now business will pick up since you can ski down to the cooler now! :beer: