Can you help me out!!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Can you help me out!!

My name is Erik and I am currently a senior at Prairie Ridge High School in Illinois. I am currently taking Engineering Design and Development where I am tasked with finding a problem in the world and creating a solution. It is a year long project and we will present our idea at the end of the year to a group of engineers. I am an active snowboarder and have noticed a problem while snowboarding. I can't access my phone easily without taking off my gloves and searching through my backpack. This usually leads to cold hands and snow on my phone. My group, two other high school students, have decided to take on this problem. Before we do that, we need to validate our problem with consumers. All I am asking is for you to fill out this quick survey (should take about 2 minutes to complete). Thanks!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

Thanks!!

Hate to break it to you, but companies already make gloves with pads on them to use on touch screen phones. You can get them for less than $10.

Quote Originally Posted by doublediamond View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but companies already make gloves with pads on them to use on touch screen phones. You can get them for less than $10.
    Most of them do work like absolute shit though. So, if he can actually make something that really works like you don't have a glove on, he could certainly make money.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

I don't find this to be a big issue (but I also do not use my phone a lot while skiing). I typically wear liners with the phone finger tips, so using the phone is pretty easy.

#MillennialProblems
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

The bigger issue for me is loss of battery life in cold temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    The bigger issue for me is loss of battery life in cold temperatures.
    Agreed. I found plugging one of those portable USB chargers into my phone while skiing works well to keep it from dying in the cold. I used to only plug it in after a couple hours once the battery % started to drop...but now I find I pretty much need to plug it in at the start of the day to keep it from suddenly turning off in the cold (of course it is also probably time for a new phone in my case with how bad my battery life is getting)

Just put a hand warmer in your pocket with the phone.

Put your phone somewhere easier to access. I have cargo pockets on my ski pants. Works for me.

Leave the phone in the car. Enjoy the outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information