• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Opening Sunday 8AM

Zand

Webcam shows snowmaking on Indian summer and conifer. Guessing they're also lighting up Ralph's and Challenger but can't see them on the cam.

The Sneak

I don't recall big crowds there for opening day, ever. Do you?
Get my laps in, get out, get home with the whole afternoon to do yardwork & get ready for sunday night Pats game.

SkiMangoJazz

Agree. At some point early season you get the teen racers training and that makes it a bit "interesting" shall I say? Narrow trail with skiers flying by, often on one ski and nowhere on the side to stop and get out of the way. Also Instructor Training.

However first chair, first couple of hours are in my memory always fine.

The Sneak

from Wa home page:

"It's Time!

Thanks to these record cold temperatures and hard work from our snowmaking team we'll be opening Sunday, November 12th 8am-8pm with Sundowner and Indian Summer to start and hope to add more trails later in the day.
"

Gahhh. I'm really hopeful the other trails are a go for 8 or 9 AM...

Jully

Yeah, just saw that. That's good terrain to work on one footed skiing, but pretty darn flat. This is all so they can brag about how early they "opened."

They're blowing on all their terrain and not over promising. I applaud the effort and bet there will be more before noon on Sunday.

Zand

I'd be willing to bet Ralph's and Challenger will be ready to go right around opening as well. Conifer might take an extra day. I can also confirm they were firing up the guns on 10th when I was leaving.

SkiMangoJazz

The road that cuts across Conifer, 10th and Smith takes a ton of snow to cover and make it skiable over. I hope you're right Zand about Ralph's and Challenger.

Zand

Ever since they started opening with those two trails they've always opened at the same time as Indian summer. Both are pretty flat with no crazy contours so with 48 hrs of snowmaking and 2 nights in the low 10s I think they'll make it. Maybe delayed by an hour to finish grooming.

Jully

The Sneak

Hey if you are there early and you have confirmation Conifer is going to open tmrw, pls Let us all know.

I am not driving 180 miles round trip for Indian Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hrstrat57

Not taking a chance, like sneak it's a nearly 200 m round trip.....chance of bunny hill only plus having to pay for it leaves me out.

Wise choice for me would be arrive at 1600, my bronze pass kicks in and Challenger will most certainly be open. Stuff has come up that precludes an evening visit.

Hoping lifts turn a couple mid week days this week.

Expecting a full report in this thread on both night and daytime skiing tomorrow please as well as intel y'all can gather.

Zand

I'm a little closer but still gonna check report in morning and see if minuteman will be open early. If not I'll probably go up in the afternoon. Also hoping for Monday...have the day off. If they don't reopen might hit Mt snow or okemo.

Zand

Monadnock does not look like a chair that's opening in 40 mins on the webcam...they haven't set it up with the groomers yet or anything. Challenger looks very thin still bit I see groomers up there.

The lack of a snow report this close to opening is rather inconvenient. Nothing on Facebook or anything either.

Zand

Got to the top...patrol held everyone up a couple mins before setting off the running of the bulls down a very stiff and pebbley conifer. We're off and running!