• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Go to Mount Snow this weekend, it sounds awesome. Killington = Fail.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Being a K passholder and property owner of course I wish it was ttb as others are but it will be by tue so in the end your talking what 5 day difference max? They stay open so much longer then everyone it's hard to complain given they are hosting a world cup race and how the weather was this fall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

I appreciate K pushing the envelope at both ends of the season, but definitely moreso on extending the season, blow away! I've only recently traveled to ski early season. It makes more sense to wait till the local molehill opens. Late season it's travel, or hang em up. And K is much closer to me than other late season players. Fortunately for me they've been last to close lately, or I'd be tempted by the others.

The first time I skied Sugarloaf was in the Spring. Everywhere else had been closed for a week. It's over twice as far as K. Hi I'm Bob, and I'm an Alpineoholic. Luckily I like to drive too. Proud 0.25 percenter.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Mt. Snow was amazing yesterday! 3 routes down TTB.

Freefall was ungroomed snowmaking whales and tons of fun!

Skied with Bob and Karl. Bob made it to about 1:30 skiing with bronchitis pretty hard core. Karl and I went back out until 3pm or so, I even caught a second wind. Feeling great today.

Since Snow is a half hour closer to me and does not have to worry about diverting resources to the World Cup which definitely impacts Killington's ability to go TTB I think it now has to be my go to venue for early season skiing. Well done Mt. Snow!

mriceyman

This is a great sign for the industry.. the snow making systems are getting so good that mountains can open up so much more terrain in a limited time. With all the warming talks for the future these systems may save alot of mountains. Given they can get windows to pump out snow

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member
This is a great sign for the industry.. the snow making systems are getting so good that mountains can open up so much more terrain in a limited time. With all the warming talks for the future these systems may save alot of mountains. Given they can get windows to pump out snow

And it makes the real players up their games...look at how quick K got open TTB.

Zermatt

This was a record cold airmass, not a seasonal airmass. Technology helped,but low temps and really low dewpoints helped even more.

urungus

Went to Mt Snow today and it WAS awesome having 3 TTB trials of increasing difficulty to ease into the season, plus enjoying the great views without another skier in sight on River Run. Even lapped the Gulch a few times and admired the people doing tricks. Great variety for so early in the season. Good conditions too, though it got a bit icy in spots on my late day runs in the shade on River Run, Free Fall and Canyon.

Edit: Coverage was great, didn’t notice any thin spots at all. The new snowmaking system is impressive. Fun ginormous whales on Free Fall!

Last edited:

Jcb890

I didn't make it over to Freefall myself, but I agree that conditions were great. It wasn't too crowded and the snow was quite good for being only man-made. I didn't notice any thin cover either.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Firing up the guns right now for what the snowmakers are calling our most aggressvie 5-day push ever.
Here's the plan.
7 new trails by Wednesday.
5 more by Saturday.
200+ acres and 20+ trails by the weekend.

urungus

Firing up the guns right now for what the snowmakers are calling our most aggressvie 5-day push ever.
Here's the plan.
7 new trails by Wednesday.
5 more by Saturday.
200+ acres and 20+ trails by the weekend.

Awesome!! Mount Snow is really stepping up to the plate! Here are the specific trails mentioned in today's snow report:

Trails planned for Wednesday include Snowdance, N.E. Time, Ridge, Upper Exhibition, Lower Exhibition, Lodge, and Inferno. Plummet, Chute, Prospector, Nitro, and Mineshaft are planned to open by*next*Saturday.

machski

Awesome!! Mount Snow is really stepping up to the plate! Here are the specific trails mentioned in today's snow report:

Trails planned for Wednesday include Snowdance, N.E. Time, Ridge, Upper Exhibition, Lower Exhibition, Lodge, and Inferno. Plummet, Chute, Prospector, Nitro, and Mineshaft are planned to open by*next*Saturday.
Will be more impressive if they can stick to this considering the warmup now in the forecast for Tuesday that will shutdown Snowmaking across the Northeast.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Will be more impressive if they can stick to this considering the warmup now in the forecast for Tuesday that will shutdown Snowmaking across the Northeast.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
Guns on at 1 today for a close to 48 hour run should get some new terrain open. I'll be there Wednesday to see. Hope it happens. Nice terrain is open now if it doesn't happen.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Quick update guys. The temps warmed up a bit faster than we thought, and paired with 35+mph winds we're now looking at that terrain expansion for Thursday, instead of Wednesday. Still on track for the Saturday goal though.

jimmywilson69

Its cool Mount Snow is disseminating this information. It's poor form posting in this thread which has a terrible title by one of the worst posters in Ski Message Board History.

Mount Snow Should start their own thread.

Jully

Its cool Mount Snow is disseminating this information. It's poor form posting in this thread which has a terrible title by one of the worst posters in Ski Message Board History.

Mount Snow Should start their own thread.

LOL. Agree, I do love the updates!