• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Go to Mount Snow this weekend, it sounds awesome. Killington = Fail.

drjeff

Snowdance, Ridge, Lodge, and both Nitro and Inferno as parkless ski trails coming on line this morning! Fan guns still humming away at just after 8AM... Now if I could just get the rest of my family awake post Thanksgiving food coma sleep, I can give a report of the new 80 or so acres that roped dropped a few minutes ago!

Loving the West Lake project firepower!!
0d3b309f0fbd9cc8f67d2a9f1454fb1a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Hey Jeff,

If you're going to be out on the mountain tomorrow, I would love to take a run and grab a beer if you're interested! I will be there!
Going to be up at Killington for the Women's World Cup tomorrow. My kids are some of the participants in the pre race parade for members of junior race teams!

Make sure to get a few laps on Nitro tomorrow - was the best snow on the mountain today!

drjeff

Glad you had a good time on the hill today! And based on this picture of my 2 post parade, pre race where they're actually smiling and not trying to punch the other in the shoulder, they actually really seemed to have fun, watching a bunch of AWESOME skiing women in GS suits!!
44e19d8a39f379d71e3bd6a282ebd48a.jpg

slatham

Glad you had a good time on the hill today! And based on this picture of my 2 post parade, pre race where they're actually smiling and not trying to punch the other in the shoulder, they actually really seemed to have fun, watching a bunch of AWESOME skiing women in GS suits!!
44e19d8a39f379d71e3bd6a282ebd48a.jpg

Great shot DrJeff. We were there too and the kids (3 girls) were all very psyched. Though we are more recreational skiers vs. racers we appreciated the skilll and fearlessness of those girls. Wish I could ski like a girl!

Hope to get to Mt Snow soon - they have really upped their game this year. But I still don't like the name of this thread because Killington did not fail at all.

skiadikt

killington hit it out of the park. event ran smoothly. a very well managed 18,000 (other areas can only dream of 18K).

and no way pulling off an event of this magnitude is "fail". if anything k shined big time and this will pay off for years to come. they weren't particularly worried about being behind for 10 days or so. now with trails like east fall & highline they've pretty much caught up. and with cascade wired and most of the supe pod on-line by next weekend and ramshead as well, that week to 10 days will be far in the rear view mirror.

and sure kudos to mt snow. competition is a good thing.