Your 2017/2018 Season Thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    yep i already booked a backup hotel in Jackson for a few of the midweek nights of my trip. i have a shitty rental car which I'm a little wary of driving up and over teton pass. i also am not so keen on going out of pocket for Jackson tickets. but its an option being considered.

~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

just booked seattle for MLK weekend 1/11-1/15, with ski days on the 12, 13, 14, and 15. round trip flights at the perfect times for $265 total. buddy who lives in seattle who can provide a bed in the city and a ride to the mountains, and he'll probably split a hotel with me closer to crystal for at least 2 nights so we don't have to back and forth drive every day. max pass. will do 3 crystal/1 alpental. or maybe drive to bachelor for a couple days. it's all going to be very inexpensive. they already have so much snow. stokeeeeed.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    just booked seattle for MLK weekend 1/11-1/15, with ski days on the 12, 13, 14, and 15. round trip flights at the perfect times for $265 total. buddy who lives in seattle who can provide a bed in the city and a ride to the mountains, and he'll probably split a hotel with me closer to crystal for at least 2 nights so we don't have to back and forth drive every day. max pass. will do 3 crystal/1 alpental. or maybe drive to bachelor for a couple days. it's all going to be very inexpensive. they already have so much snow. stokeeeeed.
    There ya go! Debating Bachelor this season myself... not sure if it'll work out or not.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Just booked my February Schweitzer trip. Never been there, but terrain and size of the area is almost identical to Fernie, 2500+ acres, 2400 feet of vertical. I'm hoping for another good snowfall year as the trees there look amazing! I also like the fact that summit is less than 7K feet so hopefully I won't be sucking wind the first couple of days.

Anyone been to Schweitzer? Any tips on terrain? We're staying slope side at the Selkirk Lodge so access should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    Just booked my February Schweitzer trip. Never been there, but terrain and size of the area is almost identical to Fernie, 2500+ acres, 2400 feet of vertical. I'm hoping for another good snowfall year as the trees there look amazing! I also like the fact that summit is less than 7K feet so hopefully I won't be sucking wind the first couple of days.

Anyone been to Schweitzer? Any tips on terrain? We're staying slope side at the Selkirk Lodge so access should be easy.
    Nice that looks like a great mountain.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15] [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Big Sky has already received 90+ inches this season and they don't even open until Turkey Day!

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post

Visited for 3 days in March '13 and even stayed at the Selkirk Lodge! It's an easy 100 yd walk through the Village Square to the lifts. Bring your SG skis and start your day with some front-side laps on the stellar groomers, Pend Oreille and Sundance. Each has enough pitch to obtain super-sonic speeds with enough width so you can avoid terrorizing the locals. Then grab your fatties and head for Outback Bowl. The Bowl forms a semi-circle around the Snow Ghost Double, so depending on the sun, wind, and snow conditions you should have a good shot at finding the goods. The steeps at the top of the bowl are challenging enough, but are a little short - maybe 600-700 vertical. There are also plenty of tree options lower down and interspersed with the chutes further out along the sides of the bowl. There are also several nice trail pods served with high-speed lifts. I especially like the Stella lift. I used the blue groomers here as a respite between laps in Glade-iator - my favorite trail at Schweitzer. I should also mention the short steeps and the gorgeous views off the Lakeview Triple.
    001_Enhanced-769079.jpg
    looking back up Lower Snow Ghost
    Last edited by ski2die; Nov 20, 2017 at 3:51 AM.

Thanks Ski2die! My plan is to bring both my SG skis and my Chams with the hope that they'll be some powder days! In looking at the map the Stella & Snow Ghost chairs in the Outback bowl look incredible and I love the fact that there appears to be trees almost ttb in this bowl so expect I'll be playing in there as often as possible. Appreciate the ski trail heads up and will take a run (or five) down Glade-iator for you.

11/11/17-Mt. Snow
    11/18-Mt. Snow

Pretty much like last week with a few more open connector trails. 9:30-noon was sunny and nice; when I quit at 2:30 it was a drizzle/snow mix. Still great coverage. Freefall was scratchy but worth a few laps in the am.

Day three at Sunday River today. Was a reverse spring conditions day. Frozen, chalky material in the afternoon that took over for some very nice buttery rain soaked slushy snow. Imagine the rest of NE was the same.

Thread Information