• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Have YOU Skied yet this season?

podunk77

Not yet but I have the week after Thanksgiving off and am planning to hit Mount Snow. Hoping for terrain expansion by then, but even if they still have the same 11 trails open that they have now, it'll be a good way to ease my legs into the season.

Last edited:

The Sneak

Nope. Blew off Wa opening day and now my next chance is day before Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironhippy

Nope, I'm still mountain biking nightly.

Mine probably won't be until mid December when the local hill opens

jimk

take the 5th.jpg

Hopefully, by Christmas. I tend to go more late season, than early. Down here anything before Christmas is real early.

tnt1234

Nope.

Outside chance at Black Friday, or that Saturday, but first weekend in Dec. more likely will be my first day.

SkiMom80

Kicking off the season at BW on Saturday. Then moving over to Cannon next weekend...hope to be there for opening day on Friday!

drjeff

Day 1 in the books last Sunday at Mount Snow, day's 2 and 3 at Mount Snow on tap for this weekend, and then 2 to 3 days (depending on if I take a few runs at the women's world cup at Killington on Thanksgiving Saturday before the race or just spectate), should have me at 5 to 6 November days this season! Which would be my most November days in a really long time, if not my entire 39 season ski career! :thumbup:

Pez

I have not been yet. Probably the first day will be the weekend of the 9th and 10th.

Nice to be back kicking around on this forum. Not liking the iphone app update though.

bdfreetuna

Soon. Not jelly in the least of early season offerings I have missed.

This winter is going to be a mid-season assault with late season (Jay) excursions.

Tues or Wed is a possibility. But realistically there are only a few mountains with terrain that is fun for a few hours, and out of those mountains, Killington is the one I have "deals" (1/2 off) for. And Killington now cares about Micheala Shifferin in a body suit on NESPN-8 more than me even wanting to ski there leading up to December. I could care less about the race-- freakin wait till February to have World Cup in New England!

So they ruined that and I don't care about ski racing since I personally suck at it and just want to ski for enjoyment. Oh well.

KustyTheKlown

Saturday - got to killington at 8:15, met my buddy on the k-1 line at 8:30. skied 8:30 - 2:30 with a couple of breaks. alternated between short runs on the north ridge, and longer top to bottoms. far left of mouse trap was skiing very nicely. they opened the very top of downdraft/cascade under the gondola, which made for some nice (albeit very short) sections of steep technical skiing

I was debating whether or not to go home after skiing or keep my cheap rutland motel reservation. I decided that I was already up north and the hotel was $55 and came with free breakfast, and that if it was pouring sunday morning I could take my time going home, hit up suarez family brewing in Hudson for some thanksgiving beer, and just generally not rush. so I stayed over

Sunday - woke up to a drizzle in rutland at 8 AM. ok, we can probably work with this. made my way over to okemo where it was a total ghost town. ski swap event was happening, tho nothing particularly interesting was on sale. got a quick wax/sharpen and was on the 6 pack at 10:15 AM. the place was basically deserted after a night of steady rain. but the snow was nice and soft from the rain, and the temperature hadn't dropped yet to lock it up, so everything was actually skiing pretty decently. three top to bottom routes available. at about 10:30 it started snowing a fat wet gloopy snow, which didn't stop all day, and which was coating the grass by the time I called it quits. took ~12 runs on mostly totally empty trails, so I was able to really open it up and ski fast. it felt great. at 1:30 I had 20k vertical feet and decided it was time to leave. I hit suarez in Hudson and got nice beer, and was home in Brooklyn by 7

40k feet. two days. great success. maybe Stratton or gore this sunday.

edit - belleayre opens Friday. sweet. that's my sunday day trip for sure.

Last edited:

ShadyGrove

I've ridden the lifts 1 day and earned turns on a closed ski area that's blowing snow 2 days. Good start so far.

Jcb890

Soon. Not jelly in the least of early season offerings I have missed.

This winter is going to be a mid-season assault with late season (Jay) excursions.

Tues or Wed is a possibility. But realistically there are only a few mountains with terrain that is fun for a few hours, and out of those mountains, Killington is the one I have "deals" (1/2 off) for. And Killington now cares about Micheala Shifferin in a body suit on NESPN-8 more than me even wanting to ski there leading up to December. I could care less about the race-- freakin wait till February to have World Cup in New England!

So they ruined that and I don't care about ski racing since I personally suck at it and just want to ski for enjoyment. Oh well.
For early season, the conditions have been great compared to other seasons.