Have YOU Skied yet this season? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Has Sundown seeded the devil's staircase yet?

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Thanksgiving morning (Wife told me to!) and Friday morning before we head up to Killington for the World Cup...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
    Nope. Blew off Wa opening day and now my next chance is day before Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gonna have to be somewhere else Sneak. Wa closed next week til Friday

I have not been yet. Probably the first day will be the weekend of the 9th and 10th.

Nice to be back kicking around on this forum. Not liking the iphone app update though.

Stowe Friday and Saturday. Awesome top to bottom.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Soon. Not jelly in the least of early season offerings I have missed.

This winter is going to be a mid-season assault with late season (Jay) excursions.

Tues or Wed is a possibility. But realistically there are only a few mountains with terrain that is fun for a few hours, and out of those mountains, Killington is the one I have "deals" (1/2 off) for. And Killington now cares about Micheala Shifferin in a body suit on NESPN-8 more than me even wanting to ski there leading up to December. I could care less about the race-- freakin wait till February to have World Cup in New England!

So they ruined that and I don't care about ski racing since I personally suck at it and just want to ski for enjoyment. Oh well.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15] [Mount Snow: 11/27]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Saturday - got to killington at 8:15, met my buddy on the k-1 line at 8:30. skied 8:30 - 2:30 with a couple of breaks. alternated between short runs on the north ridge, and longer top to bottoms. far left of mouse trap was skiing very nicely. they opened the very top of downdraft/cascade under the gondola, which made for some nice (albeit very short) sections of steep technical skiing

I was debating whether or not to go home after skiing or keep my cheap rutland motel reservation. I decided that I was already up north and the hotel was $55 and came with free breakfast, and that if it was pouring sunday morning I could take my time going home, hit up suarez family brewing in Hudson for some thanksgiving beer, and just generally not rush. so I stayed over

Sunday - woke up to a drizzle in rutland at 8 AM. ok, we can probably work with this. made my way over to okemo where it was a total ghost town. ski swap event was happening, tho nothing particularly interesting was on sale. got a quick wax/sharpen and was on the 6 pack at 10:15 AM. the place was basically deserted after a night of steady rain. but the snow was nice and soft from the rain, and the temperature hadn't dropped yet to lock it up, so everything was actually skiing pretty decently. three top to bottom routes available. at about 10:30 it started snowing a fat wet gloopy snow, which didn't stop all day, and which was coating the grass by the time I called it quits. took ~12 runs on mostly totally empty trails, so I was able to really open it up and ski fast. it felt great. at 1:30 I had 20k vertical feet and decided it was time to leave. I hit suarez in Hudson and got nice beer, and was home in Brooklyn by 7

40k feet. two days. great success. maybe Stratton or gore this sunday.

edit - belleayre opens Friday. sweet. that's my sunday day trip for sure.
    Last edited by KustyTheKlown; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:03 PM.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

I've ridden the lifts 1 day and earned turns on a closed ski area that's blowing snow 2 days. Good start so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Soon. Not jelly in the least of early season offerings I have missed.

This winter is going to be a mid-season assault with late season (Jay) excursions.

Tues or Wed is a possibility. But realistically there are only a few mountains with terrain that is fun for a few hours, and out of those mountains, Killington is the one I have "deals" (1/2 off) for. And Killington now cares about Micheala Shifferin in a body suit on NESPN-8 more than me even wanting to ski there leading up to December. I could care less about the race-- freakin wait till February to have World Cup in New England!

So they ruined that and I don't care about ski racing since I personally suck at it and just want to ski for enjoyment. Oh well.
    For early season, the conditions have been great compared to other seasons.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

I will in 2 weeks!!

Thread Information