Have YOU Skied yet this season? - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    4 times so far. Started the season at Mt Snow, then used my Max Pass at Okemo, Stratton, and Killington.

Stowe 4 times and 1 failed attempt at Hunter.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

2 days at Killington over Thanksgiving weekend. Skied the mornings only and watched the racing in the afternoon. Great start to the season!

I can't see myself drive 3 hours to ski umpteen runs on a couple trails. So I haven't yet.

Once the Cats open, I'll be looking at them more seriously. On the other hand, I'll be going away starting the 22nd. So I'm more focus on getting chores done so I can be more focused (on having fun) once the season REALLY starts.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I can't see myself drive 3 hours to ski umpteen runs on a couple trails. So I haven't yet.

Once the Cats open, I'll be looking at them more seriously. On the other hand, I'll be going away starting the 22nd. So I'm more focus on getting chores done so I can be more focused (on having fun) once the season REALLY starts.

And don't forget that the resort may be only 20% open, but charging 75% of a mid season ticket. Can't say as I blame you for staying home. I remember not getting started until Christmas. I wanted enough of the mountain open to make the trip worthwhile. Nowadays, I live near the river and have a season pass, so... I have 20 days under my belt already. Most of them pretty good, a few bad days. But it does get boring skiing the same runs. After about my third round for the day, i'm ready to be done.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    And don't forget that the resort may be only 20% open, but charging 75% of a mid season ticket. Can't say as I blame you for staying home. I remember not getting started until Christmas. I wanted enough of the mountain open to make the trip worthwhile. Nowadays, I live near the river and have a season pass, so... I have 20 days under my belt already. Most of them pretty good, a few bad days. But it does get boring skiing the same runs. After about my third round for the day, i'm ready to be done.
    This year, I have the MAX Pass. So I do have a lot more days i've already paid for than I have weekends, IF I'm willing to travel.

But that's the rub. Any mountain beyond 2 hours will requires staying overnight. THAT, cost as much as a day pass! So, I have unlimited skiing but not unlimited lodging. Lodging is currently at 60-70% of full mid-season cost. The economy is still the same. I can't get motivated to ski a few trails for that much cost!

Some years, I ski early season because I've got new skis or boots I need to break in. Other than that, I don't ski until Christmas. Some years I don't start till after New Year!

I'm with abc on this one. I usually don't start until well into January, unless the conditions are really exceptional. I tend to cherry pick my days anyway.
    Live for today

This year, I have the MAX Pass. So I do have a lot more days i've already paid for than I have weekends, IF I'm willing to travel.

But that's the rub. Any mountain beyond 2 hours will requires staying overnight. THAT, cost as much as a day pass! So, I have unlimited skiing but not unlimited lodging. Lodging is currently at 60-70% of full mid-season cost. The economy is still the same. I can't get motivated to ski a few trails for that much cost!

Some years, I ski early season because I've got new skis or boots I need to break in. Other than that, I don't ski until Christmas. Some years I don't start till after New Year!
    You need to buy new skis or boots then

that just simply is not true. i live in Brooklyn and have day tripped to Stratton/okemo/killington/pico. "requires" is a relative term.

and the shitty motels in rutland are $50 a night. less if you do name your own price.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    6 days so far.

Thread Information