• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboard death sparks lawsuit

Glenn

Rip cord is the first trail you see leaving the chair on river run right? I always look back and up and think to myself that doesn't even look fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Correct. You ski down River Run a bit and the base of Ripcord is on skier's left as the trail opens up slightly.

Domeskier

Dopeskier -

Thank you for completely misstating what I said while simultaneously proving the point about how stupid the people are who say "that's what it is because that's what I've always thought it is" and think that's actually a valid argument. I challenged people to think about it and question if "whales" become common usage because it started that way or because it became a commonly accepted malapropism like using the term "irregardless". You obviously failed the challenge.

I never said or implied that I knew which one was right, I thought that maybe someone out there knew when and what was the first usage of the term to describe snow making piles in the 60s or 70s and could confirm the etymology of the term. No one was able to but a bunch of internet heroes like you took the bait and did the brain-dead "that's what I've always thought therefore that's what it is" thing, which actually proved my point that no one really knew for sure.

The fact that you thought it was even possible that the correct term was "wale" only shows that you had no idea what "wale" means. Have fun with your word-a-day calendar.

jimmywilson69

in the east a snowmaking whale shouldn't be an unexpected hazard. I feel bad for their loss, but I can't see how this results in any judgment or settlement. Either would be opening Pandora box.